Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 4 June 2013

365/12Calendar May/June

Only a little late,our grandchildren went home yesterday and today was a chance to catch up. A little bit of gardening(me), painting(hubby), crafting(me), washing the car(hubby)and reading the weekend's papers(both of us)!
It has been great to have them but it made me wonder how I managed to do so much when I had three children but seemed to have so little time with only two, then I realised - I was just a little younger!!! Anyway, we enjoyed a few nice outings - the best being to Countryfest near Kendal, the weather was kind and there was so much to see and do, we stayed longer than we'd expected!
 Emily really enjoyed handling these birds, while Josh and 
Granpa went off looking at motorbikes

So, my calendar pages-

I've already started to fill in June's pages which I coloured by pressing distress inks onto my mat(picked raspberry, peacock feathers, scattered straw,shaded lilac) spritzing, laying paper on top then spritzing the page and letting it run a bit. The journalling spots were made by smooshing copy paper over the same mat then using string wrapped around some wood to make stripes. The flowers are some I had here and I shall probably add to them during the month.
May - all filled in, a busy month again!
If you want to know more about the 365/12 calendar journal take a look here at Kate Crane's Kathrynwheel blog where all is explained!
Thanks for looking, Chris

5 comments:

Zue said...

Men and machines:)
It always Helps if the weather is kind!
Xxx
Sue

Words and Pictures said...

Love your June page - the journalling spots are gorgeous! Glad you had a wonderful time with the grandchildren - but I know exactly what you mean about time disappearing. When my niece and nephew visit, crafting goes out of the window!!
Alison xx

Annie said...

Both May and June look wonderful! June really has me paying attention. It's so cheerful and carefree looking. Have a great journaling month!

Unknown said...

Lovely calendar pages, both May and June. I really like that flower border on your May calendar!! Hugs Frea

Linda Kunsman said...

May looks like a beautiful meadow in the Spring, and June looks like a rainbow of pretty clouds in the sky-lovely spreads!