Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 4 July 2022

Journal page plus!

 Hi everyone! We're back from our trip to North Yorkshire, where we had lovely weather and were able to get out and about and explore the area.

Mind you, we are now 'ruined' out! There are so many lovely ruined abbeys, priories and castles in that part of the world. Lots of arches and old doors though, just right for Wendy's 'Doors and/or Arches' theme at Art Journal Journey.

I did find time to make another page and hope to sit down today and make some more.

This page was made by using some  stencils and two colours of distress ink. I had some leftover scraps of washi tape from making my ICADs. I stuck them on to a scrap of black paper and cut them up. The door is a Crafty Individuals stamp which I stamped onto grey paper and coloured with Derwent pencils. We visited Betty's tea rooms a couple of times when we were away and they give you a card each time with their website on - this one made a great mount for the door.
The little girl ( a Tim Holtz paper doll) has found a door just her size - should she enter?
The page was completed with a scrap of grey paper, a piece of stray washi tape and a small talk sticker.

Now, I have week 4 ICADs to show you..








Just a few photos - there will be more in my TSFT post


As I said - lots of doors and arches!

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Helen said...

great ICADS, but I love the doors and ruins. looking forward to lots more pics! will be back.

My name is Erika. said...

Ruins are really fascinating. I really enjoyed your photos. I bet it was a fabulous trip Chris. And I really like your page today. I keep wondering if that little girl is going to enter the door, or did she just come out. And nice ICADS also. I love all the bits and pieces. hugs-Erika

nwilliams6 said...

Great AJJ page - lovely colors and details. Super ICADs and love your pictures. A wonderful post, Chris. Hugz

CJ Kennedy said...

Your page makes me think of two stories that I love: Alice in Wonderland and The Secret Garden. The texture and colors of your ICADs are delicious.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page and I love your icads Chris!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a genuine beauty you have given us for Art Journal Journey, Chris. She even looks curious. We may never know if she went inside, but the door was definitely her size. Love the composition, too. It's definitely perfect for Wendy's theme.

LOVE your ICADs. You definitely have that flower theme going on and you have loads of collage fodder, too. Nicely done, along with the photos of the arches.

WendyK said...

Fabulous second page Chris, I have that stamp so you are likely to see it again. Love the ICADs as well. I didn't do them as I didn't know what to do with them afterwards, I have far too much stuff that needs finishing first . Hugs Wendy

Neet said...

What a fabulous little girl, I have never seen that one before. She works perfectly with that door and the composition of your layout for AJJ.
Glad you enjoyed your holiday, yes, that part of the world does have some lovely ruins to go and see, love the arches you are sharing.
Great icads!
Hus, Neet xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

Your page is absolutely beautiful, Chris! I especially like the amazing door and special girl! And your photos are amazing! Looks like you had a wonderful holiday!!!