Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 17 May 2022

T Stands For .......the beautiful walk

 Hi everyone, I am still having problems with commenting on some blogs. I can often comment using my old tablet but the smaller screen means I can't spend so much time using it! Sincere apologies if I haven't commented yet!

Today I am going to continue with more Paris pics.

The sun was shining but it was still quite chilly so we caught the Metro to Place Félix Eboué (Metro - Daumesnil) where we sat and had a coffee and watched the traffic going around the Fontaine aux Lions (Henry would love this!)Sadly, probably because it was windy, the fountain wasn't working! 

 We walked a short distance to join the Coulée Vert - a beautiful garden on an old railway line. Some of you may remember me visiting here a few years ago(it's probably our 5th visit!)
The photos speak for themselves - lots of plants and street views.








































Nearing the end of the Coulée



Down to ground level
We walked up to Place de la Bastille ( the site of the Bastille prison)
A short walk away was la Rotunde

We sat inside as the clouds appeared again and we wanted to warm up

Our lunch was chosen from a list of set meals - we spotted avocado and egg on toast and that was it - we both love it - it came with roasted root vegetable and bread rolls
I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for Tea Stands for Tuesday at The Altered Book Lover with our carafe of water

This beautiful bakers shop right by the restaurant was shut.

I'll show more from this day next week.
Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Karen said...

So many beautiful pictures!! Root veggies on the side is something I would love and never see here! ~I love all the blooms~ Enjoy!

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, You shared some lovely photos of Paris again-and I really enjoyed seeing them. Pretty blooms. The restaurant you chose looks like it could be a very busy spot to dine, your meal looks delicious-very light. I have never had avocado toast-will look that up Happy T hugs Kathy

DVArtist said...

Some really stunning photos Chris. Makes me just want to go there. Enjoy your evening.

jinxxxygirl said...

Sadly your pictures would only half load for me.. I'll pop back later for a look and see if they will pop up for me.. Happy happy T day! hugs! deb

Kate Yetter said...

Oh, so pretty! I am loving all the foliage this week. The water gardens are my favorite. Would have loved to see more from that bakery.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow. I was impressed with that garden. I couldn't believe it was all the same place. Some parts were pristine and some were shaggy and unkempt. All in all, it was a beautiful garden, Those metal sculptures were nice. Too bad some of the murals on the walls were tagged.

Rotonde is beautiful. Both outside and in. I LOVE avocado toast. I make it on occasion, but yours looks better than mine, Thanks for sharing that beautiful garden and your meal and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Mae Travels said...

Thank you for the lovely walk in Paris.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Beautiful gardens. Love that rectangular pool.
Food looked delicious. Happy Tuesday from Fargo. :)

Valerie-Jael said...

You had some wonderful walks. Love the gardens. Paris in the spring is a dream! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Paris in the spring is just beautiful. Even if it was a bit cold, at least it doesn't look crowded. And I love avocados with anything, including eggs and toast. Yum. What a delicious looking lunch. I hope it was a happy T day and life is treating you well this week. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

I enjoy the places you travel. You should be a tour guide. While your lunch looks elegant and delicious, I'd rather be next door with my nose pressed to the bakery window. The putti/cherubs above the bakery are adorable. Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

Beautiful landscaping! It looks like they make an effort to be pedestrian-friendly. That looks like a pleasant place to eat, and the food looks delicious. Happy T Day!

Helen said...

what fabulous photos! it may have been chilly but you'd not know, and the flowers are gorgeous.

Sharon Madson said...

I am enjoying y9ur Paris photos so much. I know it must have changed so much since we were there in 1991. We stayed at a hotel by the Bastille. And I think I have a photo of that very outside cafe! Anyway, thanks for sharing Chris. Happy Belated T Day.