Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 21 July 2021

Funky and Frilly and fun!

Hi everyone, I was so honoured to be asked by the team at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Challenge to be Guest designer this week. I really enjoyed making this card with lots of lace and bits and pieces for Teri's 'Funky and Frilly ' theme. Teri's instructions were - 'Add buttons, lace, flowers or anything you like to your projects'  So I did!

I knew which colours I wanted to use so just gathered some bits and pieces on my desk.

I used some very watered down Fade Jeans Distress Ink to paint the edge of my white card


I also added some to the Stamperia papers I wanted to use. They are from a favourite - The Romantic Journal collection


I tried out a few arrangements on my card - I love the brown lace on the right - just not here!
I have had this piece of twisted fibre for ages and really wanted to use it - far too big, but by snipping a piece off and teasing it out it works

I have lots of buttons to choose from and I have some wool that I used to mount the lacy flower
I used a wet wipe with Faded Jeans Distress Ink to add some colour to all of the lace.
I also added some stickles to the bottom of the card and added beads and sparkly bits to my die cut Dragonfly.
I had been following the Tour de France going into Paris on TV when I took this photo and realised that there was something lacking!
Soon fixed with some Tim Holtz ephemera snippets and some thread.

Its a long time since I made a layered card (ssshhh, this is for my DIL) and I really enjoyed getting back to playing with paper and lace!
 
I hope you will go along and play at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog Challenge.

Thanks for looking, Chris







 




10 comments:

Marjut said...

Beautiful card.
Have a nice day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card, Chris, beautifully layered, and I love all of the vintage additions. Congrats on being asked to be guest DT, that's great! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

You really rocked this one Chris. I'm loving the lace and all the other details too. Gorgeous work. Hope you DIL loves her card too. hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Chris, this card is gorgeous! You’ve put all the odd pieces together in a wonderfully cohesive way. I love how you’ve tinted everything with the blue ink. Love the five dots of stickles. The dragonfly, the butterfly, oh so many great details on this beauty of a card. It’s so inspiring!

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post

craftytrog said...

A stunning card Chris! Congrats on your guest spot.
Alison xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, so many details and so many treasures on it it. A beautiful card that I know she will love! Super fun to see you guest designing on that challenge. Hugz

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your DIL will adore this Chris.. Your Guest Design piece is a beautiful addition to TFJB challenge. I find it very hard not to add lace to everything I create, such a beautiful element. So happy I caught this one today.
Happy creative week Hugs Tracey x

Jenny Marples said...

I really enjoyed seeing how your beautiful card came together Chris and love that you revisited it after taking a photo. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This was absolutely STUNNING. You rocked as the guest designer. I can see why they chose you for this challenge. Your card is so feminine and very romantic, too. You put a LOT into this layered card. It's beautiful, Chris.