Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 4 April 2021

New Stamps Are Inspiring

Hi everyone, you might have thought that working with a set of stamps to make samples to a deadline would be enough to put them on one side for a while. 

Not this time! Sharon Bates designed these fabulous quirky characters for Craft Individuals and they were on The Craft Store(Hochanda's new name) on Friday and were a sell out. The presenters were on the ball and showed most of the samples that the Design Team sent to Jean, who also made samples and did some excellent demos.

I am so inspired by these stamps that they just had to be part of this month's Calendar Journal pages.

There is one character missing so watch out for him later this month.

I kept the background simple, watered down paint and some cut out clouds and as you can see, in order to fit the cats in I had to rearrange my journal squares

Here is last month all filled in if you want to take a look I don't mind at all!

I shall be linking to Eileen's chosen theme 'Inspired By' at Art Journal Journey, where Erika and I are co-hosting this month.

Thanks for looking, Chris

  

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Bleubeard told me to tell you he loves the cool cats. Not sure about the dog, but those cats are the absolute BEST. I am truly amazed and in love with them, too. I can see why they sold out so soon. Thanks for using them in your calendar. It puts mine to shame, of course. And I enjoyed reading about how much fuller and less boring your life is than mine (grin). Hope you had a great Easter, too, dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh. I just enlarged the April calendar and saw those were NOT dogs, but llamas. I'm a dunce at times. I think I'll blame it on Bleubeard.

kathyinozarks said...

I love getting new stamps too-I just picked up a couple too last week for making cards to send out slow mail. I love your stamps!

Annie said...

Oh, LOVE those cats. The birds too, but the cats rule! I love your very roomy calendar layout and the painted pages. I nice way to show out the adorable stamps. I’m with Frank and Betty dreaming of summer and shedding the knitted scarves. The birds are so cute too,.

My name is Erika. said...

Those stamps are great-including those cats. They sure made your calendar a lot of fun. I'm glad you shared this inspiration Chris. And I like seeing March all filled out also. Hope you had a wonderful Easter and weekend. Hugs-Erika

sheila 77 said...

These cats are fabulous, of course you had to have them immediately. And of course you had to rearrange your calendar for the cats, that's what cats would expect. The birds and llamas are pretty good too. What a great calendar to fill in in April.

WendyK said...

Fabulous calendar, with the CI stamps. I was very tempted when I saw them on an e-Mail, but thought " I have enough stamps - no more. I do a similar calendar, but mine has a few gaps in them. If I don't do it the next day, I haven't a clue as to what I did the days before. Old Age !!
Hugs Wendy

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing calender pages! Looks like you've been having lots of fun using those new stamps too - perfect 😀. Happy Easter wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Iris Flavia said...

Awww, the outcome is very cute, I love this!

nwilliams6 said...

Impressive and inspiring as always! Love the critters! So fun! Hugz