Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 15 January 2021

In the future

Hi everyone, I've spent a couple of afternoons this week crafting...with my hubby! I'll show you what we've been doing soon!

I've also had some crafting time to myself, our internet is playing up and hubby has been trying to sort it out...it just cuts out intermittently - really annoying when you are in the middle of ordering something online!

I made another journal page for Erika's 'Favourite Things' theme at Art Journal Journey,

I had a background that had been made with Aall and Create stencils and wanted to make a page about one of our favourite things to do - travel..especially to Paris!

I looked though my scraps and found most of what I wanted to use and then into one of my Dina Wakley media collage books for some more.I added some ink to the postcard and around some of the other scraps and used a neo-colourII to make some marks and a black and a white pen to make other marks.

The stamp is an old favourite.

I know that one day it will be safe to travel and we can all escape. I'm keeping that in my mind in these grey days!

I would also like to join in at:-

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge - 'Put a Good Word In'

Thanks for looking, Chris



13 comments:

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Great page!
Hugs from Spain

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

When I think of Paris, I often think of you. This is a charming and very colorful take on Paris. It's a genuine beauty and perfect for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. I look forward to the time when you can once again visit there, too.

Helen said...

Fab page, escape seems like a great word to me!!

My name is Erika. said...

Art is an amazing escape, isn't it? I love that you used a lot of green here. And how fun to craft with the hubby! Hope all is well. We've got a wet and grey Saturday so I think some crafting will be on my agenda. Hugs-Erika

Kathyinozarks said...

Loving your page Chris Happy weekend

craftytrog said...

I love your page Chris!
Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Alison xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Chris, had a catch up here since last I visited and love all your makes and photos. That French church and cake - oh my! This is a very nice journal page. I bought a Daler Rowney A4 MM pad that looks a lot like yours and I need to break it in so badly! You are tempting me with this make! Hoping your wanderlust gets cured soon! XOX

Let's Art Journal said...

Gorgeous cheery page! So lovely to escape for a while and is that the Eiffel Tower that I see - perfect 😁. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

One day you two will be able to escape again. Meanwhile...both crafting together? You really have me curious!
I hope your internet settles down. I hate when I lose internet. Especially in the middle of something. Mine has been better again for a while--knock on wood.
Have a great weekend, Chris! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Love that you have been crafting with hubby - so fun - you are so lucky. Great colors on your journal and super stenciling, face, and tower plus I love your stamp. Yes, we will be able to travel again before we know it and it will be such a treat! At least for awhile we will appreciate it more. Super post, Chris. Hugz

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I´d like to escape, too, great work! To a perfect day...

sarascloset said...

Chris, it's great to be here! I'm so happy you decided to play along at The Funkie Junkie Boutique blog, so I had the opportunity to see your artwork! Not only are your words uplifting, but so are the colors on this gorgeous page.

My internet has been horrible lately as well, making it incredibly hard to manage blogging let alone anything else. I feel so bad for my daughter, who is trying to take online graduate school classes and keeps getting booted off! Big hugs; I hope you are keeping well!

Jenny Marples said...

Chris this burst of colour and dreams of travels to come are just what is needed right now. Thank you for joining us with it at The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog xx