Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 24 November 2020

Off to a Winter Wonderland...

...at Try It On Tuesday. We had a light frost yesterday but not much to see - wouldn't it be great to visit a Winter Wonderland, just for a short while?

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is Winter Wonderland - in any way you wish to interpret it.

The Design Team have been creating their own Wintery scenes and I do hope you can take a look! 

I made a journal page, mainly so that I could use the lovely Gecko Galz image.

I made a background with some Aall and Create Lotsadots stencils and some snowflake stencils using blues and greys. One of my favourite Christmas trees (by Tim Holtz) was also stamped in different shades! I added some Snow words randomly over the page.

I mounted the image onto some embossed paper and then added some punched snowflakes.

I hope this image makes you smile as much as it did when I first saw it. Where did that star appear from and will it make some magic?

I can just imagine walking on fresh snow in a quiet wood - well wrapped up of course!! 

The TIOT challenge runs for the next two weeks and I hope to see lots of snowy/frosty entries.

I'm also sharing this page at 

Art Journal Journey and Wendy's 'Birds' theme

and

Gecko Galz White Christmas challenge

Thanks for looking, Chris

14 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful winter wonderland Chris!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that background and your image!! Have a super week! ((HUGS)) Helen

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful winter scene! The image that you used is gorgeous and looks perfect with the pretty background and snowflakes 😀. Take care and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo

My name is Erika. said...

That image is fantastic and you made such a great wintery background for it! Love the grey polka dots and those blue trees. Great page Chris. Hope all is well. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How adorable, Chris. It's charming and magical indeed. I love the tree in the background and the snowflakes. It's definitely a beauty. Adding the bird to the mix made it perfect for Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Beautiful page, Chris!
I like It so much.
Hugs from Spain

WendyK said...

Fabulous Winter page Chris, thank you for another entry for my bird theme.
hugs Wendy.

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love your background and the image is fabulous - he does look a bit perplexed about that star!
Avril xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous winter scene, and really ideal for our Chas at AJJ and TIOT. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Rita said...

Enchanting picture! Just lovely. :)

Marjut said...

Beautiful winter wonderland scene.
Have a nice week.

nwilliams6 said...

Beautiful image - very magical, and that background is stunning. Love the trees and snowflakes. Love your interpretation of the theme, Chris. Hugz

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful winter scene! Have a good day!
Hugs Elke

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful page, Chris! Have a good weekend! XOX

Joan said...

Sorry I'm late visiting Chris, your page is lovely, love the background and the sweet image

Joan