Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 13 November 2020

Into the light....

 Hi everyone, Thank you so much for the feedback and kind comments on yesterday's page!

I do of course appreciate that I am not on my own. Hubby and I have certainly had plenty to do and have been lucky enough to find places to walk without too many encounters with others. 

We also have our regular video calls with my exSIL and her hubby as well as with family (not as often as I would like, but they are all working or being educated) and that too is more than some folk have, so I do apologise to anyone I may have upset with my tale of woe yesterday!

Today has been a strange day*, but the sun has been shining, and after a slow start** I finished the page I started yesterday.

I added more paint which as you can see was very randomly applied. I did a little bit of mark making, stencilling, stamping and printing.

I used some paper from Dina Wakley's Media Collage Collective book and stamped,coloured and fussy cut the scribbly bird and having stamped it on my page, added the body.

I am joining Wendy at Art Journal Journey and her 'Birds' theme.

*This morning we had delivery of a large box from a store that sells amongst other things - toiletries. Inside were three gift packs of their own brand skincare products. We have no idea who ordered them, there was no invoice or gift card and they were addressed to hubby. We made few phone calls to family members who may know something but no one has a clue!!! 

**We also took turns waiting for Tesco to sort it's order line queue out for just over two hours! We do now have a delivery slot for Christmas week!!

I'm still going through the long list of posts I would like to visit, I will get there, promise!!

Thanks for looking, Chris     


 




11 comments:

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork.

My name is Erika. said...

These shorter days are tough, aren't they? We all keep busy but it is easy to get out of sort with the way this virus is coming back with a vengeance. Love your latest piece. Those are wonderful colors. Have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Nice colourful page.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful colourful page Chris! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a bright and uplifting journal page after the one you shared yesterday. This one is filled with hope and promise. It's also great that it's perfect for Art Journal Journey using Wendy's theme, too.

Odd about the cosmetics. I can't think of Christmas till I get Thanksgiving out of the way. Here it's supposed to be a super spreader weekend. Stay safe where you are, dear.

Rita said...

I love the deep colors in the artwork!
Wow! An anonymous gift! Now that is really nice.
Delivery slots are much better than the long process of waiting in line, etc. Glad you are set up before Christmas.
Never fear--everybody has bad days these days. No matter how grateful we may be 99% of the time. ;)

Trillian As said...

It is a beautiful and motivating page. I love the colors and the combination of the words, hearts, stars and the bird.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful work of art, I love your imagination.
I hope you find out who owns this in the shipment.
Have a good start to the week, hug Elke

Meggymay said...

Good morning Chris. I'm at last trying to catch up and I can so relate to what you have been saying in your blog posts. I think we all feel trapped and cut off from family. Our support has widened to include the district nursing team who call daily to see Dave.
Your journal pages look inspirational Chris and I liked the moody backgrounds as well as the bright ones you created.
Stay safe and keep well.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

Super background, and I LOVE the bird. The encouraging words are perfect! LOVE this page!!!! Well done Chris.

Iris Flavia said...

Good advise and wonderful colors.
Yes, we need to be thankful for what we got, yet bad days happen anyways - as long as they don´t stay they show the good we have.