Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 27 November 2020

Are you fearless?

 Hi everyone,I hope folk from the USA enjoyed their Thanksgiving celebrations although I'm sure they were very different from other years. 


I'm guessing that anyone setting off for bargains on Black Friday this year would have to be pretty fearless - I suggest instead that you don't follow the herds that will have been out for bargains - dare to be different, that way you can be yourself for a lot longer hopefully! 

We are still being cautious, with a vaccine due to become available it would be awful to wait for so long then go and get the virus!

I used a lot of Aall and Create stencils and stamps on my page along with Distress Oxides. The owl is a favourite Crafty Individuals one. I took it off a card that was intended for my Grandson but in the end I  sent an e-card as a safer option! It is mounted onto corrugated card and I added some scraps of paper around the edges.

It is of course for Wendy's 'Birds' theme at Art Journal Journey. I have really enjoyed this theme and wish I could have had more time to participate!

We are having yet another quiet day, there's a watery sun and we've had fun watching some folk putting up some Christmas lights. The management here is doing all they can to brighten things up for everyone - more on Tuesday for TFST! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page. I did my bargain shopping on line and am looking forward to my new,warm boots! Have a lovely weekend, hugs, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...


Very nice journal page. I didn't participate either, i have everything and I save the money. I need a new sofa next year.
I don't like that at this time.
Oh yes, I also admired the fairy lights all over the houses.
Have a nice Saturday and stay safe, hug Elke

LA Paylor said...

I like this so much! Not risking the virus here.... colorado is such a hotspot that hospital staff are going on tv begging people to stay home, to wear masks, to stay distant. They won't of course. The news said last night all respirators are being used already so...and the nurses actually got on the news to say this is not a hoax, medical staff is not pretending it's covid to somehow make money, people are dying left and right.

Iris Flavia said...

I don´t wanna sound like a certain orange baby, but I think those black Friday "bargains" are but a hoax anyway...
So... I´m fearless...-ly different :-)
Love your work, also the background.
Management? What does that mean, kind of a concierge?
Looking forward to Tuesday!

sirkkis said...

A beautiful page with rich details and the wise quote.
Take care,
enjoy the weekend xx

WendyK said...

Another lovely page Chris, love the owl, thank you.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Beautiful page, Chris!
I LOVE It
Hugs from Spain

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm sorry I'm late visiting, dear. Life got in the way of computer time, I fear.

This is a lovely journal page. It is very, very colorful and cheery. I like that you recycled the card you were going to send to your grandson, because it is a real beauty and fits well on the page, too. It's also a great page for Wendy's theme at Art Journal Journey.

I heard the British flu shot trials are on hold because the company tried to fudge the data. Neither of the U.S. companies have been given approval yet, either. Looks like you are going to have to wait a while longer, dear, so stay safe, please.

My name is Erika. said...

I agree. It would be horrible to get sick and then the vaccine is here. Better safe than sorry for sure! Love this own page. (But then I love owls). Gorgeous work again Chris! Hope you are having a nice weekend. Hugs-Erika

Kokopelli said...

Love this page! The colors, the owl, the whole feel of it. Have nice day!

nwilliams6 said...

I got dressed on Thanksgiving and ate at my daughter's house who lives close. After that, I didn't leave the house for 3 days this weekend. I did all my Christmas shopping from my computer. I think I will be doing that in the future as well. Love your bird and your words.

I agree with you on this final countdown to the vaccine - it would be a shame to be virus free until the end. Hoping it comes soon and isn't hard to get! I could see a lot of people getting the virus visiting the vaccine places and then a panic with people saying the vaccine causes the virus....will be interesting but I am still going to try and get as soon as possible.

Hugz