Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 18 September 2020

T is for.......

It's OK I'm not thinking it's Tuesday! I have a tag and a journal page today!

The journal page, which is for Jo's 'Texture' theme at Art Journal Journey and it has a train on it.



I brayered some paint randomly onto the page. Once dry I added some texture paste mixed with different coloured paints through some new favourite stencils - hexagons, one of a few shape designs by Ab at Aall and Create.

I bought the set with the train in a while ago but it was the only one in the set I hadn't used. I added some random stamping from another A and C set. I stamped the train on the page for the details outside the main image and stamped the image onto some white card to colour and cut out.I was going to use blue but changed my mind and I'm glad I did!

I used some glitter pens in black and gold to highlight parts of the train but none of my photos has picked it up fully!

My tag is for Valerie's 'Down On The Farm' theme at Tag Tuesday, I was at first wondering what I was going to use but it seems I have quite a wide choice..just not enough time in the day to get all I would like to done!

The main image is from a notebook I bought in France a few years ago.

The background is a lot of spattering onto a grey paint background along with some Trish Latimer stamps. The crackled piece was from what was cut off from around the image. The frame, the butterfly and the toadstools are from Tim Holtz ephemera packs.

I am busy with various things at the moment but still making time to go out while the sun is still shining!

We had a lovely walk at Tatton today....


I love these redwood trees

If I hadn't been looking at the leaves on the ground I would have missed this beauty!

....and a picnic down by the lake.
They stayed around all the time we were there!

I really should get on with something now!


Thanks for looking, Chris



  

14 comments:

Helen said...

great pics from your walk, especially to see deer so close. Love the journal page and the tag! you've been busy.

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris-Loved your two pieces of art-and I always love seeing your photos from your walks-Happy Friday and weekend hugs Kathy

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Chris. Lovely journal page and a gorgeous tag, thanks so much for joining us at Tag Tuesday. Wonderful pics, too, you had a lovely walk! Lovely to see the deer! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Loving the old steam train against the wonderful background that you created! The green and red colours really showcase each other and the different layers of texture look amazing 😁. Thanks so much for playing along at Art Journal Journey again! Loved visiting Tatton Park too, it looked such a relaxing walk taking in the views and seeing the deer 😀. Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

I just adore the train. That is such a great background and that train really pops. Wouldn't a train journey be great right now? Oh this corona messing up plans and dreams. And I do like the plant statues (there is a name for that and I can't think of it.) Such another pretty garden walk. I enjoyed this one also. Have a wonderful weekend Chris. Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Magnificent page Chris, love everything about it and so nice to see Trish's stamps used on your tag. Love that set. Looks like a wonderful walk around Tatton.
Stay safe & enjoy all those things you needed to get on with Hugs Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

Wonderful art and beautiful photos Chris! Looks like you had a lovely walk.
Have a great weekend,
Keep safe,
Alison xx

Rita said...

Love the artwork and, as always, thanks for bringing us along on your wanderings. :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are much busier than I, dear. I am truly impressed with that journal entry. You got lots of texture and the complimentary colors of red and green were beautiful together. I'm always SO impressed with your stamping. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey using Jo's theme.

What a clever tag. I really like it. You put a lot into the background, too.

That's a great walk you took. I can't believe you do all these things and still find time to make art. I often feel like a slug when I see everything you accomplish in a day. I hope I'm caught up, but I feel I must have missed a few posts, for which I apologize.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

e steam locomotive is great with this background it looks so nice in your journal.
The day is so sweet with the rooster.
Your walk through the park was interesting and so nice with the dragonfly!
Have a nice weekend, hug, Elke

Karen said...

Terrific rooster image and your train is bright and fun too. your walk and picnic look like perfect spots to enjoy. Blessings on the week

Dora said...

Beautiful creations. I like the rooster. Beautiful rooster.

Meggymay said...

Oh my the train on the journal page looks awesome Chris, super textures as well. Its a super inspiration page for Jo's theme at AJJ.
It was good to see the photos of your walk as well.
Yvonne xx

nwilliams6 said...

I love the train! Wow. So wonderful. Your creations are fabulous and full of texture and great use of color. I learn so much visiting you. Love your photos too - I definitely need to get out and walk!!!! hugz