Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 2 August 2020

Second time around

Hi everyone.

It's time for second look at a post from my blog's past!I'm joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for a Second Look On The 2nd
I've gone back to August 2014 the original post is here

           ----------------------------------------
Last weekend we had my son and grandchildren staying at our caravan. It was a great opportunity to get out and visit places we've never been to before! 
First Brantwood, the last home of John Ruskin. This is a beautiful house perched up above Coniston Water with views across to Coniston.

I'm going to see if I can find some of these dramatic black grasses





The stables are now a cafe
Ruskin had a harbour built - the lake was quite rough but as you can see very calm
 in the harbour 

Our granddaughter was followed by a robin that we had met in the garden
Even the loos were spectacular
The next day we went to Conishead Priory which was originally built by Augustine Monks but is now a Buddhist retreat with a huge temple in the grounds. The Priory has seen lots of changes over the years but the grounds are beautiful.








One of the paths led to the beach where the children
had a good time looking for crabs



 I hope you enjoyed this rather rushed tour.

           -----------------------------------------------

 We no longer have the caravan but we have so many lovely memories!

Thanks for looking, Chris

5 comments:

Darla said...

You always go to the loveliest places. I like the picture of your granddaughter with her friend the robin

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I remember this post, but it surprises me because I wasn't aware we have been friends this long. In the blink of an eye, so to speak. I am still drawn to that restroom and the beautiful views you shared. I'm sure your granddaughter has grown since then, too. Thanks for these beautiful trips you took while you still had the caravan. And thanks for sharing these with us as your second look on the 2nd, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely pictures. You have lots of memories from your caravan time, and lovely photos, too. Have a great week, hugs, Valerie

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, I just found this post-I always enjoy photos of your pretty outings and trips. enjoyed all the photos for the second look-Happy Second on the 2nd a bit late Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I love visiting houses and gardens (as you probably know by now since I always say how much I enjoy stopping by). It is nice during these Covid times Well once again I did enjoy this visit and wow, it is an amazing place. Hope your second was a good day. Hugs-Erika