Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 27 August 2020

I Love Flowers!

Hi everyone, it's no secret that I love gardens, any gardens, and all that is in them except frogs!!!
My page today started because of one of the most unusual flowers being depicted in a stamp set by Tracy Evans.
It's a Strelitza and is often seen in expensive flower arrangements, but the plants can grow in greenhouses or outside in warmer climates. We saw one at Kew last Year
It is also known as the bird of paradise flower.

I made a background using Aall and Create stencils and Distress Oxide inks.
I added stamps from an A4 set and the numbers from another set before stamping the flower in  Tea Dye Oxides on the background and then stamped it onto Card and coloured it with Inktense pencils. 
The tag is one I made a while ago but there was nothing about it that made me want to keep it so I stamps the butterfly from another of Tracy's sets and a butterfly by Crafty Individuals sits to top of it. I added Tea Dye ink around the edges.
I stamped my new garden quotes set by Alison of Words and Pictures blog onto another tag.I added lots of snippets of washi tape too to add to the garden theme.

I am entering at 

Art Journal Journey and Alison's Pockets and Tags theme

Simon Says Monday Challenge - Beautiful Botanicals

Penny Black and More Challenge Say It With Flowers


Thanks for looking, Chris





9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Absolutely gorgeous spread, Chris. I have a deep admiration for Bird of Paradise. It grew in my friend's yard in California. It is beautiful, just like your incredible page you made for Alison's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks so much for sharing this amazing beauty. I LOVE the background you created, too.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris, and that's a gorgeous bloom too!
Thanks for linking to my AJJ theme.
Alison xx

Helen said...

beautiful page Chris! they are gorgeous flowers it is true.

Joan said...

Lovely page Chris and thats a fabulous flower stamp. I think it was in California where we saw loads of those flowers growing, quite stunning

Joan

My name is Erika. said...

You made a fabulous page Chris. That is an interesting flower for sure. I like it though. And I love how you based your page on the flower you had seen. Nice lace on the tag too. Thanks for joining Alison's challenge again and joining us at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

brenda said...

A beautiful colour palette Chris, A great entry for our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Penny Black and More, thanks so much for joining in.

B x

Rita said...

Very pretty! I love flowers, too. :)

Meggymay said...

Sorry to be late calling in Chris, this is another fantastic page for the AJJ theme, thank you for your support this month. Super stamps and background and tags.
Yvonne xx

Mervi said...

Fabulous florals page!
Thank you for sharing at PB&more;-))m