Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 9 July 2020

Sunny Days By The Sea!

Hi everyone! I've been busy with making my samples for the Crafty Individuals Hochanda shows at the beginning of August, I'm loving the stamps so much I am really on a roll! 

I made a journal page for Art Journal Journey and Erika's theme 'When It's Hot' in between samples
My Great Aunt Agatha and her hubby Bill used to own cafe in Littlehampton and when we went to stay with my Great Aunt Lou in Guilford we always had a trip to Littlehampton while we were there!

I bought a little diary in a sale with lots of railway posters in it a while ago but this is the first time I have used anything from it!

I used a lot of random bits and pieces onto a multi coloured background made with an Aall and Create Numbers stamp.
There are leftover background scraps, some under paper, part of a gelli print, a paint chip - cut to form a frame for the gull and also for the name of the paint - 'Make a splash', couple of die cuts from my overspilling box and some stickers from a half empty sheet!

I would love to go to the sea when the weather picks up but I think it will be a while before I want to travel far! 

At least I can pretend to be in a holiday mood!

I would also like to enter at More Mixed Media challenge - Anything Goes, although without the option - Pastels..maybe next time!! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

    

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely collage, Chris, and at least we can dream of holidays in the past! Thanks for joining us at MMM, and you have put several pastel colours on your page! Have a nice evening hugs, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic art journal page.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A lovely page to keep that memory alive Chris, what a great find that little diary was, a super mix of media along with your bits & bobs. I think we are all thinking the same right now, missed out on one holiday abroad and actually should have been in Devon this week but better to be safe and keep our family and friends safe too. We'll enjoy them twice as much when life allows us.
Take care & enjoy playing with your DT stamps hugs Tracey xx

My name is Erika. said...

I know what you mean about feeling ready to travel (well not feeling ready). I am dreaming about next year-and hoping! So I enjoyed your page a lot. A holiday at the beach would have been nice, but oh well, your page will suffice. It is a super page Chris. I really like it, and like the background too. Good luck with your samples and thanks so much for joining in at AJJ. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly put that little diary to good use. You have a LOT of interesting things to see on this journal page, Chris. I'm loving that you are dreaming of being at the beach, even if you only travel there in your dreams and your art. Thanks so much for this wonderful entry using Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

The idea of dreaming in your journal page is wonderful and I hope that one day it will be different again when you travel!!
Have a good day, hug Elke

Ella said...

Hello Chris!

I love your journal page!
I also dream to be on the beach, but ... it is raining and it is cold in the Netherlands!
Thanks for visiting!
Have a great weekend!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Words and Pictures said...

I love those railway posters - they're so evocative of a very particular time and place - and this one works beautifully as part of your collaged page. There's all the rush and bustle of a trip to the seaside and lots of colourful fun. Looking forward to seeing some of the CI stamping samples too...

Sorry I've been missing so much again lately - it's a strange time.
Alison x

Meggymay said...

I love old railway posters the book was a good find. Its a fabulous page and collage. Its good to have dreams about getting away these days , although I wouldn't be going anywhere for a while yet.
Thank you for linking to ERika's theme at AJJ.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

sirkkis said...

Rich and nicely composed page. I would like to be there 🙂
Happy weekend ❤️

Rita said...

Vacations. So many people are missing them this summer.
Nice page. :)

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful memories turned into art - beautiful! xx