Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 4 July 2020

Beach Fashion!!

Hi everyone! To those of you in the USA I wish a Happy 4th of July!
If you are in the UK, are you joining the army of folk that will head to either the hairdresser or for a meal out?
I am doing neither and won't for a while, there will be teething problems with these activities, as with everything else and I am not up for being a test case!

I have been attempting to catch up with commenting and making a journal page! The craft room tidy has been put on hold at the moment as I also have new Crafty Individuals stamps to play with, and once again I am loving them as they are a little out of the ordinary!

My journal page is for Art Journal Journey - Erika's 'When It's Hot' theme...and ..
Simon says Wednesday Challenge - 'Bright and Cheerful'

I had an idea of what I wanted to make when I found the image of the girl in an old Vogue magazine ( I occasionally get vouchers to reduce the cost of this glossy magazine!)
 I made a background using Gelatos and Brushos, and as the girl was looking down she just had to be looking at her energetic friend(a Paper Artsy stamp by Elena Zinski)
I was going to leave it with just the Tim Holtz snarky sticker but decided that the fabulous self sentiment finished it off!

The girls outfit reminded me that I have a pair of pyjamas that would pass easily as beachwear!

Thanks for looking, Chris

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You are wise to be careful,Corona has not left us ydg. Love your fun journal page, lovely colours, too. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Like you, I'm not going anywhere. I got my driver's license the other day but not so I can drive, but so I can vote. Here in KS, you need a current DL to vote. Scott cut the back of my hair and I cut my bangs for the photo that goes on the DL. You and T get out at least. I'm still too afraid to go anywhere, even the grocery store.

That journal page you created for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey hit too close to home. Seriously, I have more nightgowns (I don't wear anything with a waist to bed) than I have clothes I can wear out and about. My friend Sally is always teasing me, since I wear mostly the same things we used to go out. Now days I just throw on a gown to go out to check my mail or water my herbs. Needless to say, I LOVE this page you created and think you must have created it mostly for me (grin)!!

My name is Erika. said...

What a fun page Chris. I love it. The stamp works so well with the magazine girl to complete a great hot page. And smart thing about not going out. I think as soon as things open there’s a stampede of people who decide to go out. I get why but not sure it’s the smartest thing. Stay safe and thanks for the super art for AJJ. Enjoy the end of your weekend. Hugs Erika

craftytrog said...

This is such a fun page Chris, I love it! That image is perfect with the Zinski girl.
I'm with you on the going out to public places front, even when I'm allowed to at the end of this month! We are very much enjoying our early morning walks though, when few people are about :-)
Take care,
Alison xx

Rita said...

Cute girl and funny stamp. Love it! :)

Neet said...

I worry about what is around the corner for us Chris. My town has been mentioned as one of four that has spiked - just as I am being sent into hospital for an operation. Trust me! Wonder what the pubs and restaurants opening will bring us? It was bad enough seeing the beaches when the weather was hot on TV.
Thank goodness we have our crafting to keep us sane and I so enjoyed seeing your girl and the PPA figure - great idea, great page!
Hugs, Neet xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page! Love the images that you used - perfect 😀. I hope you've had a lovely weekend and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Meggymay said...

Sorry I am late calling in Chris, your fantastic page has made my grin and so did those words you added. Its a fantastic take on Erika's theme at AJJ thank you for linking with us.
I'm with you about going out to get a much needed visit to the hairdressers, I will also be waiting to see how things go. The TV news programs scare me when I see how folk are not respecting others safety.
Stay safe
Yvonne xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

A wonderful fun page !!! well done!
Have a beautiful week, Elke

Marjut said...

Fantastic, this make me smile!

Eileen Bergen said...

Darling page, Chris. What a coincidence to find that perfect image to go with the stamped girl. Eileen xx

sirkkis said...

Thanks for smile 😊
Clever and fun page 👍

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh my, what a delightful chuckle session this post gave me! Needed it! Thank you very much! I am in total agreement with you about avoiding being a COVID lab rat. I resisted the urge to join the throngs when Texas opened up and missed the window as we are locked down again for all intents and purposes. And I'm fine, other than kind of lecturing myself as I am past time for teeth cleaning and hair cut but oh well. And I should see about getting new prescriptions but oh well. This virus just has me frozen at home, only thing I feel like is wise still. Your journal page is too dang funny. I have 3 stages of use for a shirt: !. wear in public until the dreaded food stain on the cleavage area when it becomes 2. at home wear until it begins to feel really soft then 3. pj's. Hahaha I kid you not. You are doing good if you can wear pj's to the beach, if I wore mine they'd think I was a homeless person who is really sloppy when she eats. LOLOL XOXOX