Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Colourful Grunge /White Space at TIOT

It's your choice - at Try It On Tuesday with our new theme. We would love to see either Colourful Grunge or White space on your entries although you can do what some of the Design Team have and include both (Do please take a look here)

I'm not sure as mine counts as colourful but it certainly is Grunge and I have left an fair amount of White Space!

I took some inspiration from IG friend Angie Coomber  who had an article published in this month's Craft Stamper.
I used some Distress Oxide inks on an acrylic block which I spritzed and 'stamped' on the edge of the page,along with a bit of spattering, drying between each colour.
I used some Crafty Individuals stamps including my favourite background stamp (it has a permanent home on my desk)which I also stamped (with Dox inks) onto some paper that I used the ink up on.  I then used a circle punch to cut out some interesting parts.
I cut some words from my King Arthur book and arranged them on the page to make an (almost) haiku poem.
Finally two paper dolls that looked although they belonged together and a small talk sticker!

As usual our challenge is for two weeks, I do hope you will join us!
We are also looking for new members for our DT so if you are interested do take a look!

Thanks for looking, Chris

16 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic page Chris, so pretty! Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This is so pretty Chris. I love the pink and the dots. They are great additions which add super details!Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Simply gorgeous Chris!
Hugs, Susi

Rosie said...

A wonderful page

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful make! I love the grungy background with the soft colours and words - so pretty 😁. Wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Chris! xx

Cath Wilson said...

Lots of lovely white space here, Chris. It's a beautiful page, though it would also make a lovely card! Love the figures you chose. I have stamps which stay permanently on my desk, too but I do my best not to use them as often now and again...I always go back to them, though. This background is delightful. How dare you cut words from a King Arthur book, lol...I studied Arthurian Lit as part of my French degree, lol - it WAS a passion of mine at the time...they do go really well with your page.
Cath x

Mrs.B said...

A lovely contrasting page Chris, love the soft grungy look with lots of white space and your little figures look as if they certainly didn't make any of that 'mess'. Great choice of words too.
Avril xx

Annie said...

Stunning page Chris and I adore the colour combo x The paper dols are the perfect addition xx

TFS and best wishes
Annie xx

Joan said...

It's a gorgeous page Chris, love the colours too


Joan

Helen said...

what a great page!

Iris Flavia said...

I love the idea with the words from a book. And, wee, the kids!
My brother is 5 1/2 years younger than me, we had some fights back then...

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful composition - and so light and airy with the white space. I love how the toddler has his hand on the girl's knee - so sweet. I'm wishing for Spring.
Alison x

Meggymay said...

A wonderful combination of grunge and white space Chris, the sentiment you added goes so well with those sweet kids, I hope their wishes come true.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely use of those dolls Chris and I love how those words almost grow out of their surroundings. Its a super challenge this fortnight at TioT thanks so much for the inspiration. Hugs Tracey x

Caty said...

What a so Gorgeous page Chris !! This background is amazing, love the white space, and the so cute images. Lovely works.... a wish !
I wish you a very nice weekend, and send big hugs,
Caty