Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 26 November 2019

We're inspired at TIOT!

We are in a sing-a-long mood this time at Try It On Tuesday with our 'Inspired by a Song/Christmas Carol'!
Such a variety from the Design Team, please do drop by the blog and see!

My card ( bit of a cheat really, as the stamp has everything on it bar the colouring!)shows one of my favourite Christmas Carols.

As a child on my mile long walk home from Primary School I used to sing, and near to Christmas it was Little Town of Bethlehem, O Come All Ye Faithful, Once In Royal David's City and While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night - in any order and sung repeatedly on the ever darkening evenings along a quiet road with no proper footpath or lighting until I got home.
Oops, sorry, rambling again!!!



Once again, the colours appear to change on a different background.

I used Distress Ink for the background - I tried with Distress Oxides but it didn't look right.
I coloured in the buildings with Faber Castell Polychromos.

I hope you can find some time to join us, as usual the TIOT challenge runs for two weeks! 

Thanks for looking, Chris




12 comments:

Cath Wilson said...

You've created a lovely, peaceful scene, Chris.
I can just imagine you singing all the way home, too, especially on a dark, scary night! There was no picking up kids from school when we were young. Lovely memories.
Cath x

froebelsternchen said...

Simply GORGEOUS Chris! Amazing!

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Chris, walking home from school was the norm and a great way to pass the time by singing carols.
Avril xx

My name is Erika. said...

Beautiful card Chris. I like the image and the coloring-not a cheat really! Have a great day. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful card. And what a clever way to pass the time while you walked home from school each day.

Gibby Frogett said...

Thats really lovely Chris - and thats such a great stamp too.
Gill x

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous stamp Chris, the card looks beautiful and the shading you added looks lovely.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous card Chris! Ramble as much as you like, you paint a sweet picture!
Alison xx

Rosie said...

A gorgeous card, Chris

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful cards and such happy memories of your singing whilst walking home from school too 😉. I used to love to sing Star of Wonder at school and remember a rendition that our school played and sang at church. I was playing the symbols and had to crash the symbols together on the word "star" and if I remember rightly I may have been a bit over enthusiastic so it was rather loud and one of the nuns commented to my mum that they hadn't heard anything quite like it before ...lol 😉. Thanks for the memories and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

So pretty! Funny how much the background colors can change the focus of the eye.
I love picturing you walking home through the snow singing Christmas carols!! :)

Marjut said...

Beautiful card and happy memories.