Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 29 November 2019

Just Fruit...

Hi everyone, I have one final page for Art Journal Journey and Rike's 'Fruit and Veggies' theme. I have enjoyed this theme but once again I ran out of time to create more pages!
Thanks to Rike for coming up with a great idea!
I made a splodgy background using Distress Oxides then added some stencilling using the same colours and Aall and Create stencils.
I stated the TH pear and added some random stamping using an Aall and Create stamp and added some of Leonie's words - which just happen to be one's that my Dad used to use.

My Mum and Dad are in my mind especially at this time of year - they both died on 1st December - in different years. It is to them that I owe my love of gardens and crafting.
As a child I was always involved in working in the garden and my Mum introduced me to a whole range of crafting that I didn't really appreciate until someone asked me how long I had been crafting!
We would start to prepare for Christmas in the Summer when we often made cards (recycling the previous years that we had received)and started making gifts. Over the years we tie dyed, wove, sewed, knitted, grew plants to be presented in home made willow pot holders - something different every year!
All that as well as lots of other activities. 

This page is also my entry today for AEDM.

Thanks for looking and putting up with more ramblings, Chris


14 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Chris, this post really resonated with me. I lost my Dad on the 21st of December, many moons ago and I spent some of my happiest times in the garden with him. His rows of veg were just perfect and his seeds were sown, just a few every week to keep us going though the Summer. I’ve digressed but I’ll be thinking of you on Sunday and sending you a virtual hug. Love your artwork xx

Meggymay said...

A post from your heart Chris your memories must be so special to you . You made me think of my parents as I read your post.
It is a beautiful page.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

Pretty pear page Chris. And I love your story about how you became a crafter too. It's always so bittersweet to think of our parents, but they certainly helped inspire you to become such a wonderful artist. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fabulous journal page using Rike's theme at Art Journal Journey. I love that pear and I love the page. Again, you are the stamping QUEEN.

I agree with the others, although I lost my grandparents about eight months apart. My grandmother tried to teach me sewing, but I had no patience for it. Still don't. That is until I found I could sew paper to paper, and my love of sewing began. However, my grandfather taught me woodworking, metal working electrical, plumbing, and auto mechanics. I find I use these skills in my art, too. Thank YOU for allowing ME to reminisce, too.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

that's a great idea with the pear page
thanks for the story of yesteryear
have nice weekend
Elke

Helen said...

I adore this page, that stamp is always a favourite when you use it. Fond memories too, of your Mum and Dad. Hugs! Off (in the fog and frost) you know where soon... !

Cath Wilson said...

Another lovely pear. I do love them and have a few set aside in order to use for this month, but sadly, AEDM has taken up my limited time. This is lovely, Chris.
Have a great weekend!
Cath x

Words and Pictures said...

I almost used this pear for my effort, but went another way in the end. I love the soft colours here.

It's lovely to read such a heartfelt tribute to your parents - and how wonderful that they are not only alive in your thoughts but in the everyday activities which bring you joy.
Hugs,
Alison xx

Marjut said...

Fantastic pear page.

Rike said...

I enjoyed your final page with this fine background and the wonderful pear stamping - and these words your Dad used to use!
As long as we remember people who are dead they live in our hearts! A wonderful story and memories about your parents and that they gave you so much for your own creativity in your life!
Thank you for linking your beautiful entry to my theme at AJJ!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike

Rita said...

I bet your Mom would just love all the beautiful things you make now. Our loved ones who have left us still live in our hearts. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

My parents brought gardening into my life, too :) So many sweet memories. You've created a lovely tribute.

froebelsternchen said...

It's a fantastic page CHris! WOW!

Happy weekend!
Susi

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Ramblings? Oh my gosh no, Chris. They are beautiful; as is your page about gardening, how you came to know/love crafting and pairs/pears. I love that TH stamp. You did a marvelous job. Happy weekend. Eileen xx