Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 28 November 2019

Thank You!

First of all I would like to wish anyone who celebrates it, a Happy Thanksgiving Day - not that many of you will see this until tomorrow!

Although the days have been pretty full just lately - there are some Crafty Individuals samples to show soon(the shows are next Tuesday at 12.00 and 4.00pm on Hochanda), the bookshelves have been moved around to make room for some of the books we took to our caravan then never read, and we have had one or two appointments to keep but I have still had time to take part in AEDM, something I have wanted to do for a while having seen my lovely friend Elizabeth of the Altered Book Lover taking part!
Today I made  a Thank You card.
I used two stamps I bought at Version Scrap in Paris earlier in the year.They are by a small French company called Chou & Fleur. I stamped the potted plant onto a piece of gelli printed paper. They were coloured using something  you will see on the Hochanda shows. I stamped the Thank You - which was from a freebie set onto the C&F label 

The card was edged with Washi tape which means I will be entering the Simon Says Monday Challenge- Tape it up!

I am also entering at Country View Crafts challenge Hand Stamped.

I've just realised that Simon Says Wednesday challenge is Anything Goes so I will pop in there too! 

Thanks for looking,  Chris 

9 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

I love your layered backgrounds and how you offset that "thank you". I'm partial to plants, so that touch appeals to me. That's a lovely card :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sending a belated Happy Thanksgiving to you too Chris it's nice to give Thanks even if we do not celebrate ourselves. I love your card with it's sweet potted plant design, the contrasting matt and layering of multiple colours sets it all off a treat. Take it easy with all that sorting, make sure you save a little time in the day just for you.
Have super weekend Hugs Tracey xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's wonderful that you wished all us in the States a happy Thanksgiving. It's an amazing gesture and I was surprised how many of my British and EU friends wished me a great Thanksgiving, even though it is definitely a holiday specifically for us in the states.

Your card is wonderful. I still believe you are the stamping queen. I'm always impressed with your stamping abilities and this card speaks to that.

I'm also very glad you are doing AEDM this year, too. It's so good to be surrounded by good friends.

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the beautiful background. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

Happy Thanksgiving month to you, too, Chris!
Love that background and the colours you used on the plant are so bright. I'll have to wait to see what you used - I don't do Hochanda. Look forward to seeing your samples ;-)
Hope you soon get all your little jobs finished and get chance to relax.
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Your card is beautiful with those pretty autumnal colours of the leaves 😀. Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

Oh, that's such a cute, happy potted plant stamp. :)

Words and Pictures said...

The warm glow of this card is just perfect for its theme of thankfulness - lovely.
Alison x

Teresa said...

Thankyou for joining in the hand stamped challenge at CVC. Good luck and hope to see you again. Teresa DT