Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 22 July 2017

When it sizzles!

Those of you that know me also know that I love Paris…at any time of the year!
My page is about Paris in the Summer - I borrowed the words of the famous Cole Porter song - I love Paris!
My page started off like this..
Some paint, scraps of mop up paper, gauze, my date stamp and transparent paste through a stencil.
I added some torn paper (Indigoblu I think), computer generated words and a TH young lady who was part of a couple…he had an urgent call to take, but her confident look tells me he won't be long before he is back beside her and they will enjoy walking in the Paris parks together!



The photos were taken in Paris in June 2015 - you may have already seen them!
We visited Troyes, Orleans, Tours and Poitiers then and finished with a few days in Paris!
Later this year we are travelling again in France, we have already booked our train tickets and hotels and made arrangements with my SIL and BIL who have once again kindly invited us to stay with them!

My page is to link to Elizabeth's great 'Summertime Love' theme at Art Journal Journey.

Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

Jeannette said...

oohh wow,your paris summer page is beautiful,i love the softness colors of your page,i love the stenciling with modelingpaste and the roses,its very romantic.
the photos of your paris in park,love this.
maybe i traveling paris too.
happy weekend.


hugs jenny

Helen said...

Fabulous journal page, and wonderful photos from Paris... I can't wait for you to go again so we get to see more!

Unknown said...

That is stunning! I really love the colours, I agree very romantic. Beautiful.

chrissie said...

Wonderful Paris page that shows your love of the wonderful city. Always great to see your photographs again.

Great that you are already looking forward to going to France again

Love Chrissie xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, oh wow, Chris. I love this. I also considered the Cole Porter song when I was thinking of the summertime theme, but dismissed it when I didn't feel I could do Paris justice. I was surprised to see your TH paper doll without her mate. But I really like how you used her. I'm sure you'll find a use for him, too.

I'm really in AWE of this page and of course, I am in awe of all the photos of France. I can't wait till you go back and I can live vicariously through your words and photos.

Thanks for sharing this gem on Art Journal Journey today.

Meggymay said...

A wonderful summer destination Chris, its a beautiful page.
Lovely photos, I think you must be looking forward already to your trip to France.
Yvonne xx

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous page Chris, love those warm pinks and summery images. Paris is so beautiful and this young woman looks as though she is enjoying being there. Just like you xxx

froebelsternchen said...

This page shows your love of this wonderful city perfectly! So BEAUTIFUL!
Wonderful photos as well!
Thank you so much for another fantastic summertime-love page linked to AJJ- Thanks a lot for all the support of AJJ Chris!
Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful side of paris summer so pretty idea and i love that
Romantic feelings are when I look at it
I wish you a beautiful Sunday
Elke

Words and Pictures said...

Oooh - love the colours, love the song, love the textures, love the collage... what a fantastic page! Hope you have another lovely trip to France - if it's anything like these photos, you will.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

Beautiful page, great use of your scraps Chris!
Love your photos too!
Alison xx

Sue said...

This is fabulous Chris, lovely gentle colours. I love Paris too, I was there for my 40th and 50th. I think it may be Skeggy for my 60th lol. Have a fun week xx