Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 21 July 2017

Sunshine on a rainy day!

We are hoping that the weather isn't as bad as the torrential downpours recently that have flooded some homes, but we are expecting rain while we are away!
I don't know about you but Sunflowers always make me smile which is why I bought this Paper Artsy JoFY51 set as soon as I saw it!
The background was, pretty much as usual, already in my large journal, I stamped the flower and masked it before stamping the stem.

I am linking again to Art Journal Journey where Elizabeth's theme is Summertime Love
I did try to grow a sunflower this year but something ate it - slugs I think, so I will just have to enjoy looking at this one! 
The caravan garden was looking OK last weekend although the calendula has also been eaten!
My Buddlea has it's first flower


This is on our decking - yes that is a frog's foot you can see - it's plastic and hubby thought it would amuse our grandchildren!!!!
The red hot pokers are almost at an end but we have some kind of Lily (help please Helen!)beyond them!
Uh! Oh! a nettle too!!
The frost we had back in May turned all of the Hydrangea buds brown and shrivelled so I picked them off - there are more flowers than ever but they are smaller!
This fly was sunbathing!
My mint has gone wild - it is in large pot but so many insects are visiting it that I am leaving it as it is!

I attempted a bit of Topiary on the box bush which was getting out of hand…err…it's supposed to be a heart!

 Thanks for looking, Chrisx


15 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful page and Sun Flowers are such happy flowers I love to see them though haven't grown any for years. I will try to find some old photographs and find out when I think.

Your caravan garden is wonderful with such great plants. Hope by now you have seen some butterflies as they do love buddlia. We have still only seen a few in our garden and those have been cabbage whites.

Have fun-not sure about the plastic frog's leg though

Love Chrissie xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You should come to the US and visit Kansas. We are the sunflower state, and we'd send you home with a slug-resistant sunflower. But this one is probably slug-PROOF. It's adorable.

I love the heart in your garden. It looks like a heart to me. Great job and the entire area looks fabulous.

Thanks for another wonderful Art Journal Journey entry. I was delighted to see this latest entry.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page, and love the flowers in your garden. The heart looks great, too. That fly looks very contented! We had a lot of rain, too, but no big damage this time. Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I should explain the frogs foot is attached to a plastic frog!!! :-D

froebelsternchen said...

I love your beautiful page - my sunflowers start to bloom the next days - at least I hope so. I love your beautiful caravan garden - AMAZING... how super with the heart!
Thank you for joining ELizabeth's theme again! Your continued support of AJJ is much appreciated!♥
oxo
Susi

Rita said...

Love the page! Everything looks just beautiful there...even the sunbathing fly--LOL! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow your sunflower page is so pretty and I love sunflowers too! Your garden looks so beautiful and your box heart looks wonderful 😀. Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

Barb said...

I love your sunflower and the background looks great too. A lovely post ... the heart topiary looks great and I really like the dozey fly picture. Barbxx

Helen said...

loving your journal page, I love sunflowers, too. Can't help with the variety of lily, I am afraid... Your garden looks gorgeous, especially your huge mint! thank goodness you have it in a pot, or it would take over the garden wouldn't it!! Hope you escape too much rain.

Mrs.B said...

A lovely sunflower page Chris, and the garden picture look wonderful and your Topiary looks good - definitely a heart.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

A beautiful page Chis, I love sun flowers as well.
I've just added a page with them tonight.
The photos in your garden are beautiful.
Yvonne xx

Neet said...

... and a heart it is. Well done! They will be employing you at Versailles before long.
Love your garden photos - now you have solved the mystery I had (not a gardener) of why so many plants are brown and not doing as well. My Lavateria (sp?) is nowhere near as nice as usual. Love the sunny lawn that you end the post on.
The first photo of your journal certainly is sunny and makes one feel happy. Well done you.
Hugs, Neet xx

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious florals, both on the page and in the photos... I love the subtle washes of colour behind the bubbles, and the sunny flower is just wonderful.
Alison x

Sue said...

I love your journal page Chris, and your garden is looking beautiful. I used to grow sunflowers with the kids when they were young - happy days xx

sarascloset said...

Playing a little catch up here, Chris, having been on vacation and then catching up with DT and home work. I just had to comment on your topiary! Yes, of course it's a heart--I noticed that right off! Beautiful journal page and photos! Hugs!