Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Try It on Tuesday is going Botanical

This fortnight we hope you will join us with anything botanical!
I looked up the definition of Botany…..
BOTANY
The science of plants
The plant life of a region

The biology of a plant or plant group

There's plenty of scope there for you to get started and the TIOT  Design Team also have some brilliant inspiration as usual.

I have been enjoying some journal play.
 As you can see all sort of different plants here but this page started as a mop up page!
 This was using the the ink up on some stencils I had been using
Added some spotty tissue paper, a mop up paper towel and some scraps of doily.
Next came texture sand paste coloured with dark blue paint and some green coloured crackle paste both through plant stencils, some tissue tape and more stencilling using ink!

I rubbed some gold paint over some parts using my finger.

Mixed up two quotes!
Finally the Paper Artsy Hotpicks bluebell was stamped onto green card and cut out!

I hope you will join us at Try It On Tuesday with your botanical entries.

Thanks for looking, Chris

17 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful page Chris! Super!

chrissie said...

This is stunning I wanted to touch it as it looks so wonderfully textured

Love Chrissie xx

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page Chris, love the colours and textures and those smudges of gold are a fabulous highlight. Love the bluebell image.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Fabulous textures Chris as you layered up this great page. I'm always pleased to read I am not the only one to use my fingers on my work.
Yvonne xx

junemac2 said...

Wow love this its stunning. love the process too. thanks for sharing,
hugs June x

Sandy said...

What a dance!! Very attractive!
Sandy xx

Helen said...

oh Chris!!! this is beautiful... I want to touch it too... it looks so tactile.

Margik said...

Stunning page, the textures and colours are totally fabulous.
Mar xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you took us through this. It was like a mini-tutorial, too. I really loved the texture, but the cool colors were gorgeous, too.

Barb said...

Your page looks fantastic Chris. Lots of lovely techniques. Barbxx

aussie aNNie said...

Great page and it almost appears to have pressed flowers on it, love the look here. Thanks for visiting and I am now following you, love your work Chris.xx ♥[aNNie]

Cheetarah said...

Awesome page! love all the texture on it! xo Cheetarah

JoZart Designs said...

Beautiful piece Chris. It is so delicately balanced and the colour palette you chose is perfect. Love it.
Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

What a gorgeous collage. I really like the texture and details. And thanks a bunch for the name of the daffodils in my post today. I didn't know that-but how appropriate! Thanks for stopping by to visit. Hugs-Erika

NatureFootstep said...

I like the final look you came up with. Love the laces here and there and the color tones you used :)

Words and Pictures said...

Wow! This is what I actually hopped over to see - having managed to play along at TIOT for the first time in an age. What a stunning botanical page, Chris - the layers and colours really capture the atmosphere of a country garden allowed to run wild - I love it.
Alison x

Marjut said...

What a wonderful page!