Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 13 February 2017

T stands for….Tea!!!!!

Well, it's time to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T stands for  Tuesday and there's a header title you never thought you would see!

First though can I say my mood is much brighter today, the sun has been shining and I have had(almost)a day in my craft room! 

I am actually allergic to tea (must be the tannin!) so I am a coffee drinker mainly! The tea I am talking about though is not from tea bush tea but the Rooibos plant!

This time…and maybe a few more to come, I am drinking Rooibos tea! 
So…now Elizabeth has had time to pick herself from the floor…I'll tell you why!
There is a new shop opened at the top of our road! One or two of our neighbours have been and enjoyed their visit
Last week after watching 'Manchester By The Sea' in town (well worth a watch btw!)we got off the bus and went inside!
I explained that I didn't drink tea and the lady there showed me the range of Rooibos teas and offered to make me a Arabica coffee blend! Hubby had an Irish breakfast tea!
I asked if I could take photos for 'T Stands for Tuesday'(she got very excited about the name)

Lots of lovely cups and pots.
 Herbal teas
Black teas
Here you can see both of our drinks. We bought some to take home as well as some Moringa oil which had been recommended to us by my friend Sarah and is supposed to be really good for easing arthritis…we shall see…
We have been for a few walks but I think I will leave those for another time!
We have seen signs of Spring though, so will be out again looking this week!

We had to move my Amaryliss from the window sill as we couldn't close the curtains!
Just to catch up with my planner here are the last two weeks


I am beginning to enjoy drawing more! The turquoise flowers are one stamped and the rest drawn and the black and white flower is a rub on extended with my doodles.
As you can see I am still tidying but today has seen most of it done so ..although I forgot to take many 'before' pics I will share some next week of how I got on!

Thanks for looking, Chrisx

20 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

Fun journal Chris. I love the splashes of color. And that is a great T shop. I wish we had a shop like that near me because I really enjoy a good cup of tea and I would love to see what I could find in there. Happy T day. :) Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

great journal with the visuals along with the notes Chris. LOVE that shop!! You must let us know about the Moringa oil-I might need some myself:) Happy T day!

Helen said...

your planner is gorgeous! the tea shop sounds very interesting (although I would still only buy PG Tips!) and certainly looks amazing.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Yes, I had to be picked up off the floor after seeing you drink tea. Ironically, I have one of those fun tea infusers exactly like the ones you and T had at the tea shop.

I'm also curious about the Moringa oil. It sounds like something that might help me, although I doubt it, since my arthritis is a birth defect.

I adore your planner. You certainly put mine to shame. I love how colorful you have made it and the beautiful flowers that always seem to permeate your art.

Thanks for sharing signs of spring, your lovely calendar pages, and that fabulous tea shop with us for T this Tuesday. I want to go there with you!

Can't wait to see your completed craft room, either.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your journal, it's very colourful, and that tea shop you visited is magnificent- but I will stick to my coffee. Hope the oil helps with the pains. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

Happy T Day Chris and so pleased yo are feeling brighter than you did.

What a wonderful post today. I have never heard of the tea but the place you bought it looks amazing and well worth a visit for sure.

Love your flower photographs and the planner pages of works of art I reckon

Love Chrissie xx

johanna said...

your post reminds me i had a Phase of roibos tea drinking some time... so nice of the Lady to let you take photographs.
the pages in your planner turn out gorgeous!! you will have an artfilled book at the end of the year!
happy t-day:)

Rike said...

This is really a wonderful tea-shop! I always drink tea but no coffee. Your calender pages are beautiful, I like the doodles and your playing with flowers very much!
Happy Valentine's Day and Happy T Day!

Meggymay said...

A fantastic post Chris and I would love to visit that Tea shop. It looks so inviting and I am pleased you found a blend you could drink.
Your planner looks great with all the drawings you have added.
Happy T Day.
Yvonne xx

Lisca said...

What a fantastic shop! Yes, I don't tolerate tannin either and I always drink rooibos or some tasty infusion. Rooibos comes with different flavours too. Was it a tearoom too? Or did she just give you a sample?
I love your doodles and drawings in your planner. Your drawing of the amaryllis is very good. I must get to do more drawing too. I see some of those planners on blogs and my mouth waters. I wish I could draw like that. But if I don't start trying and practicing, I'll never learn to draw.
Happy Valentine's T-Day,
Lisca

froebelsternchen said...

Oh - the doodles and drawings in the planner are fantastic and what an adorable tea - shop - gosh!
We visited one last week as I was on my shopping marathon and what shall I tell you- it was a very expensive thing for me, but can't help buying some specialities - but our shop was not such a blast as this one seems to be!
Happy Valentine's and T- Day dear Chris!
♥x♥
Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, your new shop looks like a great place to spend some time :-). It's a lovely sunshiny day here too so we've been out walking this morning and it looks like spring is defiantly on its way! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J :-)

jinxxxygirl said...

What a lovely post Eileen... I love to see a good tea shop.. though i rarely drink tea myself... Maybe on a coooold winter's night i'll curl up with a cup of tea... I have a soft spot for Amaryllis as they were a favorite of my Grandmothers... I usually have one or two on the windowsill but not since we moved.. So good to see yours.. Happy happy T day and Valentine's Day!! Hugs! deb

Dianne said...

so much to love in this post! what a charming tea/coffee shop. you are lucky to have it in your neighborhood! Love your amaryllis with the red and white blooms! so pretty....and your calendar/planner is looking great...doodles and flowers always cheer me up, especially when the sunshine is scarce in the winter. Happy T and Valentine's Day! ♥

Carol said...

I love the way you are doing your journal. I keep saying I'm going to starting doing one again but I know I'll never keep. I can barely manage getting a blog written twice a week . That tea shop is pure delight!!!! I would he hanging around for hour checking it all out!!!

CJ Kennedy said...

Saw Manchester By The Sea. That story takes place in a small town on the North Shore of Massachusetts, the state I'm from. Casey Affleck is a local, Boston boy.

Loved the peek in the tea shop. The cute teapots and polka dot cups. I've never had rooibos tea. Did you like it? I mostly drink black tea and occasionally a lemon-ginger herb tea, or apple cinnamon.

After the foot of snow we got last week, signs of Spring will be buried until August. (-;

You amyrillis is really thriving and so beautiful

As always your planner is such fun and so colorful. A nice break to the white, white, white landscape outside my window. The flamingo made me laugh.

CJ Kennedy said...

I forgot to wish you a Happy T and Valentine's Day!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

What a delightful post about tea adventures. Your planner is so lovely. I wish I could take some lessons from you. I have lists and lists of lists. It's not a pretty sight ;-(

Happy T Day, Chris! Hugs, Eileen

Words and Pictures said...

What a terrific post - I love your planner pages with the colourful doodles, and the tea shop looks magnificent. Cestina's got a white Amaryllis which is going great guns at the moment - she's just given up drawing the curtains I think!
Alison x

Karla B said...

Your calendar pages aare amazing and that tea shop is adorable!Your amaryllis is so beautiful, my friend.Happy belated T Day!