Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 4 July 2015

Steampunk -me?

I must still be under the influence of Troyes because yesterday I found a fabulous stamp  (Stampendous ) at Kitten and the Goat in Kendal! I have made a card for a friend! 






I would like to enter the challenge Make it Masculine at Anything but Cute
Here are some more photos I took 

The cog is from an old tape dispenser and I have just used what I could find here at our caravan to give it a rusty look - gesso, paints, inks applied with brushes or sponge - it sort of works! 
The eye was stamped again and layered up on card to make his eye pop nd the wing strengthened by sticking on to some stronger paper  so that he could fly! 
After I have linked this I am off to make myself a medal - the internet keeps dropping all the time! !

Thanks for looking Chris
PS apologies for this not looking anything like a normal post!
Updated now - on my trusty computer!!!

17 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is a gorgeous card, and the stamp is one I would buy, too. Very steampunk and full of energy. You stamp SO well, and glad to see you recycled the "cog."

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic card and love that stamp! Hugs, Valerie

Barb said...

I love this card and what a great stamp. Barb xx

Barb said...

I love this card and what a great stamp. Barb xx

froebelsternchen said...

This card looks just SUPER! Love the image and how you used it!
xxx
Susi

chrissie said...

A very unusual card with lots of interesting additions

Love Chrissie xx

Vintagehandmade said...

Fabulous steampunk card! Love that stamp and how you created your background! Also, love your perfect embellishments! Well done!
Thank you so much for joining in our 'Make It Masculine' challenge at Anything But Cute!
Branka DT x

Redanne said...

What a great stamp Chris! I love your steampunk card, it is fabulous. Hugs, Anne xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

A great stamp but your card, it is fabulous!
Wishes
Lynne

Words and Pictures said...

How do I love this card? Let me count the ways... the stamp, the book pages, the kraft, the cogs, the black spatter, the drama. It's simply fabulous, Chris!
Alison xx

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Chris! Love the background and that steampunk bird stamp is so much fun! What a brilliant way to create dimension with the lifted bird wing!! hugs :)

Pamellia said...

I am such a scatterbrain, I completely forgot to say Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Make It Masculine' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Hi Chris.I have your wading birds. Please could you drop me an email at angelfishcrafts{at}gmail{dot}com
Thanks x

Samra said...

Fantastic card!!! Love the design and choice of colors! Thank you for joining us at Anything But Cute Make it Masculine challenge!
Samra DT

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful card! Great image!

sarascloset said...

Great masculine colors, and I love that you stamped the eye and the wing and popped them up to add dimension! Great idea to use tape dispenser waste for a cog...I just think I may be missing something, because I don't see it on your lovely finished card! Thank you for joining our Make It Masculine challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

sarascloset said...

Gee, Chris! I'm so glad you popped by my blog and let me know you posted the photo of your complete card! Not only is is gorgeous, I know I've not lost any brain cells! He! He! Hugs! Sara Emily