Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Wednesday 9 February 2011

A Loverly time....

I have been having a great time! Friday - craft show in Manchester - not particularly impressed, but did meet some old friends and met two kindred spirits, one of whom I have followed on her blog -Liverpool Lou
Bought some lovely Kaisercraft background stamps and some masks for when I want to get really inky!
On Saturday my hubby drove us through the pouring rain and massive puddles all the way to Meadowhall at Sheffield where we met up with my brother and his wife who had come over from Lincoln. We hadn't been able to meet up at Christmas so it was pressie swap time!(they gave me a beautiful scrapbook kit which will be great for scrapping a book about my mum and dad) We spent a lot of time either sitting drinking coffee/tea or eating, so that we could chat and the time whizzed by and we were soon on our way back to find that the puddles had got even bigger.
Sunday saw me driving through the puddles - rain had fortunately stopped- To Dawn Bibby's Design Studio for a day art journaling with Lindsay Mason. I went to her Introduction to Art Journaling workshop last year as I had just started to journal during the Summer. This time we learned some new techniques and revisited some old ones but in a different way. We used spray inks, acrylic paints, stamps, inks - all the things I love. We used magazines to help to build a page - my theme was "the race against time".

When I have added a few finishing touches I'll share the rest of it with you. We used Gesso to help us draw a figure. The most challenging task was to paint a face. We all showed our work(with lots of giggling)

The whole day was made so much better by sharing it with a lovely crafting friend, Sheila and several other lovely crafters. Joanne popped by to say hello to everyone too. It was the most enjoyable day and was over far too quickly!
On Monday I spent some time taking photographs of my existing journals so here are some pages.



Thanks for looking and for all the lovely comments you make.
Chris

2 comments:

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Your pages are fantastic Chris, I love the little borders you've drawn round those printed sheets on the Race against time one. :-)
Anne xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris....love your pages and didn't we have just the best time? Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love S xxx