Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Friday 1 September 2023

Cosy Up at Art Journal Journey

Hi everyone, we are welcoming a new host today at Art Journal Journey. Before I introduce her I would like to thank all of the people who supported me throughout August I really enjoyed my time as host.

Now, you may know our new host from her blog 'Empire Of The Cat' , its Elle, and her theme is 'Books, Cats, Tea' If you haven't already visited Elle's blog please do  - its a real treat.

My page is about books, I don't always have time to blog about the books I read and I am mainly a bed time reader, although on a sunny day you may find me on our balcony, trying to ignore the housework and reading my book of the moment.

I inked through some text stencils then stuck some pieces of book text(some stained with inks) from various books and added some patterned stamping.

Finally the Stamperia books were added, sitting on some patterned border.

I hope you can join us at AJJ this month. Please remember, we are an Art Journaling blog and although we love your photos as an extra, we would love to see your art journal pages.

Of course this naturally means NO cards, ATCs

I'm a bit rushed as there have been quite a few demands on my time lately.

Hoping things slow down a bit soon. 

Thanks for looking, Chris

9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How I LOVE those books, Chris. They look like they should belong in every library. I love the book text background, too. Thanks for this amazing first entry you have given us at AJJ using Elle's great theme.

My name is Erika. said...

Books are really special things, aren't they? You showed that so well with your page Chris. I like the pile of books and how you used them on your page. And I had to smile when you mentioned reading to put off the cleaning...I do all the time-smile. Happy September Chris. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your first page, Chris, and those books are wonderful. Reading is a wonderful way to prevaricate and not find time to do the housework. I spend too much time living in books, but I can't stop it. Have a great weekend, hugs, valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Love those beautiful, tooled leather books. An adventure waiting between the covers. A book is a perfect way to procrastinate especially if housework is involved. Enjoy your weekend.

Neet said...

Ooh, those Stamperia books are lush! This is a delightful page Chris.
I too read at bedtime and at the moment am reading through all of the "cat who" books on my Kindle. Have got a bit obsessed with them but I can't make them of any use for this challenge so will have to get looking through my stamps.
Hugs, Neet xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I, too, have a special place in my heart 'n' home for books. There's those books I pay forward, and those I keep to reference 'n' re-read. Special, indeed.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris! I love to read too.
Happy September!
Hugs,
Alison

nwilliams6 said...

Great books and super background, Chris. Being a big book lover, this speaks to me. Great words too (so true too).Hope things settle down for you soon. Hugz

Empire of the Cat said...

I'm so sorry I missed your August theme Chris, I had so many ideas but unfortunately couldn't be online or make the art :( I really love your back and the book background especially. Housework can wait when there are good books to be read. I am really looking forward to the new Richard Osman, only a few more days till it is published! Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month Happy Journalling! Elle/Empire of the Cat xx