Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Sunday 28 May 2023

A journal page........ and my poor old feet!!

 Hi everyone, it's good to have a day at home - and give my feet a rest - more later!

I have a new page for Aimslee's 'Flowers' theme at Art Journal Journey
The background was already in my journal so I added some Stamperia paper along with some stamped and coloured rose buds and a butterfly. The words are Tim Holtz stickers. 

So, let me tell you about the walking we have done...

We had to take our car in for a couple of minor repairs, this involves a walk from the service garage to town (about 2 miles - 3.2 km)We had expected a phone call to let us know the progress but after waiting beyond the time they promised to ring us decided to catch the tram home. When the phone call came we couldn't have reached the garage before they shut so arranged to pick it up the next day. This sounds crazy but we can't contact the service dept directly and experience has told us that ringing would have been pointless.

The next day we set out to pick it up but went via a garden festival in Manchester. We had seen it being set up the day before. These photos were taken just after it opened. I expect it got busier, especially over the long weekend.


  























Hubby did give me the option of not going to collect the car but having seen the preparation I wanted to attend on opening day. We had a coffee then set out on the long walk. 
Hubby suggested I wait at a small shopping square about two thirds of the way and I gratefully accepted the rest.
He picked me up and we went straight to Wilsmlow Garden Centre where we had lunch and a little walk around.
I am stocking up the herbs for our retirement complex but had been unsuccessful last week. There wasn't much to had here either so we drove a few miles farther on to another nursery where I bought all I needed.

That might have been enough walking but Saturday came, and my lovely friends Sarah and Helen picked me up to go to a craft show...more walking but not strenuous and lots of chatting (but mainly standing up)

When the show shut we headed just down the road to RHS Bridgewater for coffee and a walk in the gardens.
Helen had part of the Christmas present she received at Christmas and she gave us our presents (which because of house problems and illness she hadn't got around to bringing)
We did take up quite a lot of the table
We each received lots of lovely papers, stickers, journals and a fabulous storage unit..and can you see my pear shaped sticky notes? 
  




Didn't realise I'd got myself in the picture too!!




Blogger mixed the order upbeat it's all beautiful anyway!

Over the three days I walked 33,000 steps which is around 14 miles (22.5km).
Today I have decided that as long as I get my 5,000 steps done I'm not going out - I've been dancing to get some steps! 

Thanks for looking, Chris







7 comments:

Helen said...

Lots of walking, but lots of fun and it's good to see Sarah looking so well! Great photos, thanks for sharing. Helen xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Such a beautiful romantic journal page, but I also love your flower festival, you brought wonderful photos, thank you!
Have a beautiful Sunday, hug Elke

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal page is fabulous, and love the photos, especially the Manchester ones. I haven't been there since the early 1970s! Walking is good, something I like, too. Hugs, Valerie

Aimeslee Winans said...

Dear Chris, you've definitely earned your rest, wow! That garden fest looks so fun and you and your friends know how to do it up right! Loved the flower photos too, but your journal page is truly lovely. You are the queen of inky collage! Thanks again for linking this up at AJJ and happy new week to you, also hopefully a foot massage! xoxo

Rita said...

Such a pretty, delicate page.
Lovely walking and good company. Can't go wrong...except for tired feet. :)

My name is Erika. said...

What a great post Chris. I love your garden inspired page, that great garden show and also the garden photos. Some of those garden show exhibits were amazing. Thanks for sharing Chris. Hope your week is going well. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

this is a stunning journal page. It is really beautiful in a grunge sort of way. Because it has the flowers, it is perfect for Aimeslee's theme at AJJ.

WOW to the Flower Show. I am in awe. Loved the first photo with the bench and vignettes. Had to laugh because I see I'm not the only person planting flowers in a wheelbarrow. Hope your herbs thrive.