Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 1 April 2023

Recycle

 Hi everyone, we have a new theme at Art Journal Journey today.  We also have a new host, Elizabeth of The Altered Book Lover, who I am sure will be helped along through the month by lovely Bleubeard!

She has chosen 'Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose' as her theme.

Huge thanks to Valerie who gave us some freedom of choice in our subject matter and I guess that as long as we remember to do some recycling etc. along the way Elizabeth will be kind to us and let us choose a little too!

For my first page I have recycled a lot!


The page was sprinkled with Paper Artsy Infusions and spritzed. I used a tag I made back in January, I added some ink to the tag which was mainly white. I used some chocolate paper that had had some of the foil ripped off. When I added the coffee pack die cut it looked a bit lost, I had scrap of red dot tissue that once I added it defined the die cut more.
I added a couple of US postage stamps. A mini brick stamp by Paper Artsy gave some texture around the edges and just for fun I added some spatters.
 
I hope you can join us at AJJ this month with your 'Recycle, Reuse, Repurpose' pages.

Thanks for looking, Chris

8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You certainly recycled a LOT. That tag is filled with recycling and the gold foil from the chocolate is truly trash by most standards. I am truly impressed with all you have going on. Thank you for this amazing first entry you have given us using Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, so much to see and enjoy. Gold foil from choccie is always a great idea. Have a great, new month, hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

This page is amazing Chris. You really recycled on it, and it all works together so well. I like the bit of chocolate wrapper and how it elevates the page, as well as reusing a tag. Have a great and safe trip. And happy April too. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Your piece doesn't look recycled at all. Fantastic. I especially love the chocolate theme.

Pauline C said...

Amazing journal page Chris … just so much detail and it all works together so perfectly
Pauline xx

Rika said...

Great page, so many details to look at, love the postage stamp.

nwilliams6 said...

Fabulous recycling and repurposing, Chris. I love that you captured your traveling love too. Super pretty! Love all the details. Hugz

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Chris! Really nice page. The composition is perfect to my eye and the ink you added to the tag makes it look so vintage. Love the Wander Lust. I'm trying to be looser in my art and practicing. You make it seem effortless. XOX