Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 6 October 2022

It's a bit late!

Hi everyone, we are catching up slowly and I have finally got into my craft room - oh boy! I did leave it in a bit of a state! Now I have my calendar journal ready I will be having a BIG tidy up!

As I will be joining Elle's 'Fairy Tales, Folklore and Fables - Tell Me A Story' theme at Art Journal Journey I have had some fun with my page.

Did you know that gnomes are protectors of minerals in the earth? 

They first became introduced in the 16th century so they are very, very old by now

Did you also know that although they are happy to be in English country gardens, they much prefer to be in gardens with stinky toadstools and spiky strange looking plants that no one else has ever seen? 

At night time they go searching for gold dust that often ends up in their whiskers.



The Gnomes and plants are Carabelle Studio stamps designed by Azoline
I made a background using different colours of Distress ink through a Lavinia stencil
I stamped some wooden letters with the plant stamps for OCTOBER

Here is September's page - feel free to take a look at what might be coming upon my Tuesday posts.


That's all for now, thanks for looking, Chris

11 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the information on gnomes. Your gnomes look happy; they must've found a garden that suits them :)

Neet said...

Must get some stinky toadstools and spiky plants and then I might have gnomes in my garden.
Love the background you have used as a backcloth to your gnomey calendar. What delightful characters and plants they all are - I am sure it will be a fun time when you come to record your daily happenings. I just look at this page and feel instantly happy.
Hugs, Neet xx
ps blowing a hooley - and rain

craftytrog said...

I love your gnomes and toadstools Chris, a wonderful calendar!
I've only made my calendar today too. At least we managed it within the first week :D
Alison

My name is Erika. said...

I love this lesson about gnomes Chris. I didn't know anything about them. They do look awfully cute on your calendar page too. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Dropping by to say hi, I Loveeee gnomes but didn't know this about them. Loving your page
Happy Friday and weekend hugs Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the story of the gnomes.

Michelle said...

These gnomes are adorable!

Iris Flavia said...

I had no idea of the gnomes! Must tell Ingo!
They certainly don´t wanna here this, but I think they are cute.

As are your owls!!!! Such a great calendar-page!
Irisx

NatureFootstep said...

I like them both. But I smiled when seeing The Gnomes on The October one. So much the stories we heard when I was a child. Love it!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Sweet your gnome and the story about it. Your calendar page is cute with them. I love these creatures and the mushrooms!

Empire of the Cat said...

Love your gnome page Chris, and the stories about your gnomes too. I wouldn't mind some at the bottom of my garden, there are plenty of weird and stinking plants down there for sure and if they find any gold dust for me that would be great lol. Thanks for joining me for the October theme at Art Journal Journey this month Elle/Empire of the Cat xx