Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 15 March 2022

T Stands for Two pages, Tatton Park and the Tearoom.

Hi everyone, Hubby and I have been making Wanderlust pages again - this time (week 10 already) a gelli print transfer lesson by Robyn McClendon which led to a couple of intentionally grungy pages from us.

First hubby's who very sensibly kept his pages (still with his wildlife pics)less complicated than his wife's!


I had the broken buildings of Ukraine on my mind and wish I hadn't taken my prints down to such small fragments.

Last Thursday we set off to Tatton Park. It was quite warm in the sun, which started to shine while we were walking.




The Japanese gardens have had a tidy -photos not in order - thanks to blogger!









This is from the other side of the garden


We decided to take a walk through the woodland area







Bluebells peeping through 









One of the gardeners was busy tidying ready for Summer.
There weren't many folk in the outdoor eating area but we were headed for somewhere with much more character.
The Tea Room at Knutsford
We love this place! It has mismatched crockery and furniture and views beyond the nearby carpark over to a park which we will investigate one day! Best of all- we were going to share a piece of cake but the waitress offered to cut me a child size piece of the most delicious coffee cake so hubby could have his favourite - carrot cake. We are here for T stands For Tuesday at Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog - the Altered Book Lover so I need to point out the drinks - hubby had a pot of tea while I had my usual Americano. I know - it does look quite large but their usual slices are HUGE!!!

I still have some photos of the entrance to Tatton park and some of the lovely town of Knutsford. I'll share those tomorrow along with a decadent treat!

Thanks for looking, Chris

  







10 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris, I love you and your husband make art together-and I love both pieces.
Beautiful park you took a hike in, that's nice to have these nearby. Your cake looks delicious-Happy T Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

You and the hubby must have a lot of fun making your Wanderlust pages. They ate both wonderful, and the hubby is getting better and better making pages too. And thanks for taking us to Tatton PArk again too. We are in melting snow, mud season, so I'm still not walking. This is great to see. Your cake looks yummy and that is a huge mug. I love that size though and the mix and match china. Hope it was a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Your wanderlust pages are fabulous! Each one is different and fabulous in it's own way!
Loving your photos of Tatton Park. I wish we had places nearby like this to just take a walk.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I loved your Wanderlust spread, Chris. So sad for Ukraine and I love how you shared what looked like a bombed out apartment building. T's nature inspired spread is wonderful, too.

Tatton Park is beautiful this time of year, and the Japanese garden is possibly my favorite.

Love that your server was so accommodating and T got his carrot cake and you got the child size coffee cake. Nice that the treats went well with your Americano and T's pot of tea. Thanks for sharing your art, your trip to Tatton Park, and your tea and coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Great collaborative pages/transfers and so nice gardens photos. Glad you each got the cake you liked, xoxo

Divers and Sundry said...

The signs of spring are a joy to see. The features in the Japanese garden look inviting. I'd love to explore. The cakes are a great way to top off a fun outing. Happy T Day!

DVArtist said...

It's nice that you and your husband make art together. Lovely photos too. Have a very nice day.

Linda Kunsman said...

Bravo on yours and hubby's perfectly grungy journal pages- love them both!
Your park visits are all so lovely to see- so green. Forest bathing- I like that very much:). Delicious looking slice of cake, and deserved after so much walking. A very belated happy T day!

Carola Bartz said...

Transfers aren't easy - at least that's my experience. Yours look good, I think!
The Japanese Garden is beautiful, I would enjoy a walk there very much. And the tea room sounds so lovely.

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, you and your hubby did a fabulous job witht the transfers. I love each of your themes and the look on both is soooooo cool and so well done. I so need to do this session.

Love the park pictures. Especially love the forest bathing sign.

The cake, tea, and coffee sound and look yummy. That place looks fun.

Happy T-day and hugz