Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 18 January 2022

T stands for the walk back

Hi everyone, this week has whizzed by so quickly. 

We have had few cold but sunny days so I have been getting on well with making samples with the new stamps from Crafty Individuals (to be released on Feb 4th). We have also have a few walks.

I also made a journal page for Erika's Art Journal Journey theme 'Let's Face It'

I made a background by sticking on scraps of book paper then a layer of gesso, before adding ink and some stamping using my vintage garage stamp and the numbers stamp by Crafty Individuals. The main image is a Stampotique character by Daniel Torrente, stamped onto some old packaging. The quote is sticker from Snarky sayings. 

Last week I left off where we went to get our Covid tests to return the the UK.
On our walk back to the hotel we searched for street art - not that it takes much looking for in the Butte Aux Cailles area.




























We stopped off for coffee at a place we have visited a few times for pizzas. It's not far from the hotel.
I had a cappucino and hubby had hot chocolate and I am using them to join Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday at The Altered Book Lover.

So, back to the hotel....



The green Ibis sign shows where our hotel is


This road is almost opposite the hotel
This is just down the road from our window..
...and in the dark


Next week it will be our last full day in Paris - lots of walking involved and a park

Thanks for looking, Chris



16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Chris-wow the street art is amazing! I really enjoyed that. Nice to see your hotel and what you are near too-great journal page-hugs Happy T, always enjoy your photos of Paris hugs Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

So much amazing street art! I love so many of them. What talented artist.
I have never lived in the city or spent a lot of time in one since I am from the suburbs so I guess I have missed street art.
Loving your journal page and the muted tones.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Your journal page fits right in with that fabulous street art Chris. Thanks for the page for AJJ.(It's much appreciated) Those Daniel Torrente images are lots of fun and you created a fantastic page. That's such an interesting collection of street art. Paris is always full of surprises, or at least the one time I was there it was for me. I hope you had a super T day and rest of the week ahead. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Your street art photos are fabulous. I really am enjoying your trip to Paris, and can't wait to get back there.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sharon Madson said...

I love your journal page, especially the sentiment! Beautiful photos of the street art. Happy T Day, Chris!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page is amazing. I love the background and laughed at that sentiment. I love the layers. Thanks for another great entry for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear.

Those murals are amazing. Too bad some of them have been tagged. I would love to see these in person, since I am now really into murals.

You and T found a great place to relax after all that walking. T looks so happy with his hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing your art journal page, your murals (street art), the greenery around the hotel, and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear friend. And thanks again for the amazing card and gifts you sent.

nwilliams6 said...

Oh my gosh, I love the building art! So much variety and some of it is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing all those, Chris!

Love your snarky journal page - so fun!!!!

I love that you do so much walking - it is inspiring to me. Hubby always looks so happy.

Happy T-day and hugz!

CJ Kennedy said...

I don't think I've ever seen that much street art. Bright colors and for the most part happy, whimsical images. After all that walking you deserved a coffee break. Happy t Day

Divers and Sundry said...

Such colorful and varied public art! Nice! I like the bright yellow cups, too. I'd be asking if they were available for purchase lol

Happy T Day!

Rita said...

Cute funky girl on the page.
Looks like wall collage art all over the place! Fascinating! :)

Meggymay said...

Its a real fun quirky girl you used for your fantastic journal page and Erika's AJJ theme.
Super photos as well from your trip away.
Yvonne xx

craftytrog said...

A great page Chris, I love the Stampotique girl. Think I may have that one, it's been a while since I had them out.
Love the street art too.
Alison

Neet said...

Love the journal page - and the quote is just hilarious.
I do like the photos - especially the street art. Why do I nev er see things like this when I go out on my travels? Good job I can enjoy your photos.
Going back for another drool.
Hugs, Neet xx

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your snarky journal art Chris!
And oh my, all those talented artists decorating the walls of Paris- such a big variety of styles, and all just fascinating and colorful!!
Loving all the photos along the streets you have walked, and obviously hubby is quite happy in Paris:) A happy very belated T day!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a gorgeous page! Your design looks beautiful with those soft pinks and browns and of course the wording is perfect, it really made me smile 😁. Take care and Happy January! Hugs Jo x

Caty said...

Gorgeous Art journal page Chris ! Love the beautiful background you have created. Happy belated T-day ! sorry. The murals are all beautiful, My fave is the elephant one.
Thanks so much for sharing those fabulous photofraphs from your trip.
I wish you a very nice Sunday, stay safe and big hugs,
Caty