Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 11 January 2022

 Hi everyone, Try It On Tuesday has a new theme to start 2022 and if I haven't already wished you a Happy New Year I will do so now, as our new theme is 'In With The New' which can be new products or a technique that is new to you.

The Design Team have come up with lots of new things so please take a look here.

I was very lucky this Christmas to receive some beautiful sparkly powders by Little Rainbow Moon from my lovely friend Sarah and the stamp was from my hubby - following some heavy hinting! I love it as it makes me think of T Stands For Tuesday which will be my next post.

I covered the page with some new Dina Wakley paint colours that I treated myself to in a sale. They really do spread well over the page.I added some powder and spritzed it to release the colours and sparkle. The fox was stamped out onto coffee stained paper(not a new technique to me but haven't made any for ages!)made by scrunching up paper and soaking in warm coffee(without milk please).

I then stamped the whole stamp onto the page put the Katzelkraft fox in place. I coloured everything with with my reasonably new Derwent Graphitint paints(a Birthday present). It was lacking something so I used an old brick stencil either side of the windows with the remaining blue paint. 

The quote is a favourite Paper Artsy one by Lin Brown.

I hope you will find some time to try something 'In With The New' at TIOT and join us. As usual the challenge runs for two weeks.

Thanks for looking, Chris






9 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. The sentiment is something we should all take to heart. That and a cup of steamy coffee or tea. Your stamp is perfect for T Day.

My name is Erika. said...

I like Dina Wakely paint. It was a good sale choice. And the blue is so pretty. I also like the fox. He is perfect for T day and I wonder what he is looking out in the window. You could add him to AJJ also as his does have a handsome face. To a good year of new challenges at TIOT. Hugs-Erika

Joan said...

Fabulous page Chris, love that fox 💕

Joan x

Mrs.B said...

Mr Fox looks so relaxed sitting drinking his coffee, it's a fabulous image. Love the background you created.
Avril xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is wonderful, Chris. I love the fox. It is adorable. You are the stamping queen indeed. It is such a fun entry for TioT's latest theme, too.

craftytrog said...

It's a great page Chris! I love the fox and your beautiful background.

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page Chris and the fox image looks great and he looks like he is enjoying his cuppa. The new paint colours look lovely.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Chris, I saw this on TIOT and thought, well I've never seen a fox drinking coffee before - that's a first! xoxo

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! Those new sparkly powders look amazing and I love how you created Mr.Fox with the coffee stained paper - perfect 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x