Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 16 November 2021

T stands for - The rainy day...and Paris..again!

Hi everyone, after last weeks slightly crammed week we have been taking a bit of a rest. 

Even the walk we took today was at a leisurely pace.

First though, a journal page for my 'All Kinds Of Weather' theme at Art Journal Journey. I have loved seeing the entries so far. Thank you if you have been joining in - there are so many kinds of weather!

When I made this page it was raining so out came my Artistic Stamper Mabel Lucie Atwell girl with the cape and umbrella. She is one of my favourite little girls as she reminds me of reading books with MLA images when I was a child.

I made a water colour background using Derwent watercolour pencils and a water brush. I used a raindrop stencil over the top and used Stormy Sky distress ink. I stamped the image and then stamped another onto card and coloured it before fussy cutting and placing on top.

The quote came from a little calendar I found in a favourite shop - Gibert Joseph Papeterie, on boulevard St Michel in Paris. It has lots of inspiring quotes and this one fits this image so well. I used the edge of a grungy style stamp on the edges.

Speaking of Paris...we were up early on the Sunday morning and prepared for a long walk.(I actually walked just over 22,000 steps during the day)

We have intended visiting the Institute du Monde Arabe for a long time but never managed it. They had a Divas exhibition on and I really wanted to see it. It was also part of the Patrimones weekend so was a free event.

The building itself is interesting 



The first thing we did get a drink. The cafe had only recently opened for the first time in over a year. The decor is fabulous and as you can see Elizabeth - Coke is in glass bottles(we have been buying Coke here in glass bottles too!)
There's the clue...I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday.
There were so many interesting exhibits in the main part of the Museum.









There was also a courtyard garden that was dedicated to bees.

This is a feeding station for the bees - can you see some on the rim?
We also had access to the roof terrace - usually a restaurant but not yet re-opened, there were some great views of Paris.



Here are the insides of those beautiful windows
The Divas exhibition was FABULOUS. I love Arabian music and the film clips from past and present were wonderful.
There were some very lavish costumes on display too.













This was part of a film clip.
This was good enough for a morning' activity and we had a light lunch in the cafe afterwards - just as well it was light...next week I will show you where else we went!

Our walk this morning was to see what Autumn colour still remains at Dunham - we got more than we bargained for as they were testing the lights for the Winter light show - we are booked in for mid December so will save most for them but here are some of what we did see today.







They will look so different when it's dark.
There were some natural colours too









I hope you haven't nodded off by now as I just realised how long this post is! 

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Kate Yetter said...

The colors of fall look lovely! I bet the lights are going to be amazing in the dark. I especially like the big flowers.
What a amazing exhibition that must have been. The music and the costumes sound exactly like something I would like to see as well as the other tapestries and such that you shared. Even the building is interesting in its design.
Love your colorful journal page. Rainbows always bring a smile to my face.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

CJ Kennedy said...

Fabulous exhibit and the views of Paris are spectacular. The light show is going to be awesome. Happy T Day

kathyinozarks said...

Wow lots happening. I love your sweet journal page for your theme,
The museum was amazing, loved the bee station, and the gardens are wonderful-the light show sounds amazing.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Helen said...

Great photos, both from Paris and your local walk, and the Christmas light trail looks great.

Linda Kunsman said...

a darling AJJ entry Chris- I love everything about it!!
I am seeing more of Paris through you than I ever have in person, and I am enjoying every bit of your tour! What a fabulous building the Institute du monde Arabe is, and oh the exhibits- the costumes are gorgeous, loving the garden for the bees, and the rooftop views are spectacular!!
Love the autumn lights and colors in the park, and the photo of the waning roses is especially lovely. It's been such a pleasure visiting. Happy T day!

DVArtist said...

Wow what a fabulous post. Lovely art and just wonderful photos.

My name is Erika. said...

You made a super weather page Chris. That girl is so cute. And you included so many wonderful photos. Thanks (once again) for sharing the Arab Museum and wonderful garden photos. And I hope you had a super T day too. HUgs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your journal page is stunning, Chris. Mabel is adorable and I love the rainbow and the rain. That quote had me smiling. Thanks for sharing it for inspiration for your theme at AJJ, dear.

I was in awe of that exhibit in Paris. Those dresses and outfits were incredible. I was also in awe of the building with those artistic windows, the views from the roof, the sculpture, the amazing tapestries, and the bee garden. It was almost overwhelming.

It was great to see you got a real glass bottle of Coke, too. I love the fabric on those chairs in which you sat. and the pillows are stunning. It must have been awonderful place. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous museum and cafe with us for T this Tuesday, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, Chris, I have been studying them so long, my coffee is cold! Thanks for sharing.Keep them coming! Lovely art, too! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

That little girl reminds me of the "if it's raining it's pouring" salt girl :)

Thank you for taking us on this virtual outing. I'd love to spend a day exploring that building and exhibits.

I think gardens are a wonderful setting for these kinds of holiday light exhibits. There's something similar here, and it's made a big hit. The fall color there is still gorgeous!

Happy T Day!

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous page, and wonderful photos Chris! You are fortunate to be near Dunham Massey for that light show.
Alison

Mae Travels said...

I have only visited the Institut du Monde Arabe once, soon after it opened in 1987, I think. The architect Jean Nouvel is quite famous, but I don't think I've seen his other buildings. The windows that you showed are beautiful, forming Arabesque patterns appropriate to the structure. They have automatic light sensors to open and let in what is supposed to be the right light level. Thank you for all the lovely photos of this, it's a happy memory for me.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Empire of the Cat said...

So much to love in your post Chris! I love that building and those windows, gorgeous, and inside, and all the costumes. And what a great view from the top too! Your journal page with the girl is so lovely, and that quote too. And then those trees with the lights, that will be gorgeous in the dark as you say. Happy belated T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Iris Flavia said...

Love the lille girl - and rain!
My new teamleader called me "wild" for coming the 40 minutes in such weather by foot - oh, I do love rain.

Some wonderful colors - and your last sentence sure made me laugh :-)

Lisca said...

Nodded off? You have to be joking! This is such an interesting post. First the Arab exhibition in Paris is so interesting. I agree that the building is beautiful. The windows are very special. I liked the divas too and all those costumes and dresses.
Then your walk in the park. That was really special to see all that lighting being tested. Soon you'll be able to see it in the dark.
The park itself was so colourful even without the lights. Gorgeous autumn colours, reds and oranges.
Happy belated T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca