Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 4 March 2021

On it's own...

Hi everyone, I'm a bit under the weather at the moment, waiting for a phone call from the doctor.

I've been making journal pages to distract myself but then can't sit at the computer for long!

I used one of my favourite Aall and Create sets by Tracy Evans (if you know the set you know there will be something else coming along soon)

My background has blue paint on it and I added stencilling through an Aall and Create hexagon stencil and used a deeper blue through a Dina Wakley stencil.

I stamped and fussy cut the flower and the vase(the vase is on a pale green background but it doesn't show here!) I then stamped onto the page and overlaid the flower. I added some text script and some circles that I cut from some unwanted leftover papers. The quote is a Paper Artsy stamp.

I am joining in with Sheila's 'A Single Flower' theme at Art Journal Journey

Simon Says Stamp Monday - Art Journal

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Beautiful Blossoms

Thanks for looking, Chris 




 

12 comments:

sheila 77 said...

That is a great quote, Chris, and it is especially good for the “Single Flower” theme.
I like your Single Flower in the vase a lot and the whole piece is beautiful with the lovely blues.
I enjoyed reading how you made it with all the interesting techniques.
I hope you are feeling better.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your page Chris, and the quote is perfect
Feel better soon hugs

My name is Erika. said...

This is a gorgeous page Chris. I do love this stamp set too. And what a great quote; it works perfect for Sheila's challenge. Hope you feel better and get some good news from the doctor. Hugs-Erika

Helen said...

great work! hope you feel better soon

Elkes Lebensglück said...

You created a wonderful journal page and you were able to bridge the gap well. I hope everything is okay with you, take care, hug Elke

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Chris!
Hope you feel better soon.
Alison xxx

Mrs.B said...

A lovely page Chris and I do love this set and your quote goes so well.
Sorry you're not feeling well, hope you feel better soon.
Avril xx

Rita said...

Oh no! I hope you are okay.
You make lovely pages even when you aren't feeling well. :)
Let us know how you're doing.

sirkkis said...

Lovely design with soft colors. The words match perfectly the flower in the head role.
Happy and healthy weekend💗

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read you haven't been well, dear. Hope it's temporary.

That is an incredible journal page. You take SO much time with your pages, too. LOVE it. I love all the stencils, marks, and stamping you did. You pay so much attention to detail. Thanks for another journal entry using Sheila's theme at Art Journal Journey.

Be sure to check out Meow Meow.

Iris Flavia said...

It´s beautiful, great work. Hope you feel better.

Annie said...

Really nice contrast with the beautifully painted background, stencils, stamped and cut designs and details. All and Create are some of my very favorite stamps. I really enjoy looking at your page. Great composition.