Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 9 February 2021

T stands for the tag, vaccinations..and more

Hi everyone! I wrote half of my post yesterday but the internet failed and I couldn't save it so here I go again!

At least it gave me time to make a tag for Tag Tuesday - Black, White and one other colour - Valerie' choice..and I've got in early this time.

I used some packaging from some breadsticks we have just finished and an Aall and Create die cut and image by Janet Klein.

We have both had our Covid jabs. Mine was last Thursday and then on Friday hubby received his invitation so he has been this morning. If only we had known that they would be so close together I wouldn't have made my appointment...but we did get out both days!!

The centre was well organised, two blocks of waiting areas and recovery areas and there were little booths to sit in while the jab was administered.

As for after effects, I had pain in my arm at the site of the jab and above and below it for about 24 hours. I took a couple of paracetomol before bedtime and slept quite well! Hubby seems to have got a cold from somewhere but they said it was OK to have the jab, at the moment he is sneezing more than he is concerned about his arm, which he says is not very painful.

On Thursday we took a flask and some biscuits with us and went to find a pleasant view...which was in a little carpark near a walk we would like to take some time.

I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth for T Stands For Tuesday over at The Altered Book Lover blog


We didn't get out of the car as there were quite a few folk around.

We also took little walk in the afternoon as I needed to send off my Crafty Individual samples. We walked back through the back roads to the river.


It was sunny and quite warm and the birds were singing everywhere.

Is someone ready for Valentines day?
It was lovely to see this crocus in bloom by a wall

We were quite shocked to see that the river had risen this far - the trees on the island had debris from the river almost up the the tips of the branches
It was still quite high
The play park was very busy!
Today after hubby had his jab we went back to the little car park - it was much earlier..and quieter..so we had a little wander up the path and back. It has turned really cold (although I sure some of you would disagree)1 degree centigrade!

I spotted these decaying branches - aren't they beautiful?




This was next to where we parked last time.

We definitely want to walk here when it's safe to do so.

So after all this excitement it's coffee time!
Stay safe! 
Thanks for looking, Chris

18 comments:

Mae Travels said...

Spring with blooming crocus and the like is really early in England, which I find kind of stunning. Our crocuses sometimes wait til April.
I enjoyed your photos.

be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

Great that you both have had your vaccination. And it meant two little outings (and intakes of fresh air)
The crocus is beautiful.
Most of England is under a layer of snow, but you don't seem to be. But I can see the water is very high in that river.
Your tag is beautiful, and fun.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your love tag, what a nice surprise for me! Glad you got your vaccinations, we have very long waits here. Great photos, too. Here the river has flooded badly, and we have !it's of snow and ice. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Love your tag with that fun and quirky man:)
Good that you didn't have much pain for too long after the vaccination. I love that you and hubby took drinks and a snack to enjoy at the park- even though it was from the car. It's still nice to get out and be in nature but I hope we can all freely enjoy being outside together, walking about without concern.
Happy T day!

DVArtist said...

My town is no where near giving essential works vaccines much less the public. So glad you got yours. I love the photos you shared today. Yes, that water is high. Have a great day today.

Eileen Bergen said...


I love you tag. It's adorable!

How nice to see crocuses this early. It's looks like you had some lovely outings despite crowds here and there.

Happy T-day! Hugs, Eileen

Helen said...

Glad you've both had your jabs! the photos are fabulous - but how busy is that play park - doesn't look very safe to me!! Nice to see signs of spring though.

Karen said...

So happy to see the crocus ~ It's the first sign of Spring :) Your walk with the path is beautiful. Your new tag for that challenge is terrific too ~ enjoy your week!

My name is Erika. said...

Congrats for getting your vaccines. My hubby gets his second shot later next week. Me, it will probably be May or June. I like your mugs too. Smart idea to have a little in car picnic and enjoy the view. Wow, crocuses and green grass already. They are so pretty to see those photos. We had more snow today, so you can see why I like seeing them. Hope it was a wonderful T day Chris. Hugs-Erika

J said...

Good news Chris that you’ve both had your vaccines, not sure we will get ours here in Spain any time this year, our 85 year old neighbours has been done yet!
The photos are lovely, we’ve been getting takeaway coffee and croissants and eating them on the pretty quiet here, no bars or restaurants open and only a few that have opted to do takeaway coffees, today we. An go to the next town for the first time since before Christmas so we are off to the Nursery for tomatoe plants, all this excitement, ha,ha,
Keep safe
jan S

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the tag. Lovely photos.

Much💗love

Rita said...

Striking tag!
Shoots coming up! My goodness! It's -3F right now and supposed to get down to -17F tonight. Really nice to see things growing someplace--LOL! I do hope you can get out and walk in some of those places soon. They look just lovely and will soon be getting green. :)

Kokopelli said...

Yay for you, that you both got your jabs! The phtos are beautiful! What a view to drink a cup of tea and have some biscuits. I really like your tea cups, especially the owl. So cute! Have a great day and stay safe!

Iris Flavia said...

Love your tag and the crocuses ... such a promise of Spring!

CJ Kennedy said...

Good to hear you both didn't have bad reactions to the vaccine. Himself and I just got a notice from the doctor's office that they are administering the vaccine and will call us when our tier is ready. Lovely walk. At the rate we're going, we won't see crocus until August. The weather dude said this morning we are to expect snow every day next week with Tues and Fri potentially being significant amounts. A snowflake is too much for me. Is it July, yet? So thank you for letting me tag along on your walk. Cute tea mugs especially the blue one. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun tag! Loving the colours and the cute image 😀. Your walk looks fabulous, we often take a flask with us too ...lol - perfect! So glad you got your vaccines ok, they seem to be organised where we are too with my mum, dad and sister (who works for NHS) all having had theirs too - yay! Happy belated T Day wishes and have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Michele said...

your tag is so stunning -- the rich blue is really striking against the black and white, well done! thanks for linking to tag tuesday. and congrats on getting your vaccination! xo

Diana Taylor said...

What a lovely, eye-catching tag - I love the image and the blue is a great choice of colour.
Diana x