Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 24 November 2015

Giving a gift at Try It On Tuesday

The new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Gift Bags or Boxes'. We hope you will show us either of these, any project is acceptable as long as you include a gift bag or a box

I make no secret of it - I am a hoarder. If I buy something and it's in nice bag I save it to recycle.
This time it is quite a large Kraft bag.
I stamped using Red, Green and Gold inks with a very old wood mounted Star and snowflake stamp right across the bag.
I added stars punched out in some shiny card in those colours.
I added a word label with a greeting on one side and hung the other side with a loose gift label
 This method is quite quick to do and would work with other themes too - hearts or flowers for instance, or maybe cogs for a male theme with some dotty doodling.

I hope you you pop over to Try It On Tuesday where the team have some brilliant gift bags and boxes to show you!

Thanks for looking, Chris


16 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

Super... a nice idea to recycle ! Happy rest of the week Chris!

sirkkis said...

Beautiful gift bag for Christmas. Your embellishment is a great idea.
Have a nice day xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous piece Chris, wonderfully recycled, hugs, Valerie

Pamellia said...

I love red, green and gold together for Christmas! So festive and fun Chris. hugs :)

chrissie said...

Terrific ideas on these ..I like the diagonal stripe idea

Love Chrissie xx

sarascloset said...

Wonderful festive bag...Love those stars! Funny, I was just thinking of making up some gift bags this morning! Now I am really inspired! Hugs!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I love that these are recycled bags. You KNOW how much I love recycled products. Second, I love that these are bags I could recreate, too. They are simply wonderful inspiration for me.

Mrs.B said...

A great bit of recycling Chris, love the festive colours and great idea with the birthday and male theme.
Avril xx

Helen said...

I hoard too, sometimes I even use stuff... love the altered bag, it makes a great gift receptacle now.

Lula said...

Loving recycling I admire the way you gave the new life to an old bag Chris. Hugs!
Lula

Meggymay said...

A wonderful recycling idea Chris. These both look fantastic.
Yvonne xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Love how you altered your bag Chris, it looks so elegant and festive now!

Unknown said...

Cute bags hun, love the stars x

Jeannette said...

fantastic peace,love the stars on the bag,and all what you has creadet is beautiful,now i find your blog,what i see is georgus.
happy week.


hugs jeannette

Bee and Dee said...

Love this up cycling of the Kraft bag hugs Bee.

Words and Pictures said...

I love your shower of shimmering stars - so effective. Lovely with the flowers too.
Alison xx