Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 26 June 2014

Tagging along with the Dragons

Oh! What to do for this challenge at The Dragons Dream Tag It On? The challenge was the letter N and stencils. So many words came to mind, nest? naughty? notes? numbers? I had ideas for all of those words so why didn't I choose one of those?

Well, I was sorting out some stamps to take away with me (it's Woolfest weekend, up near Cockermouth in the Lake District)when I realised that the set I had chosen had a stamp with a necklace on it….so, any excuse to play with Paper Artsy Lynne Perrella stamps!

I used a trellis stencil to use the same technique as I used in my last post here, used darker colours though, Walnut Stain, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire and Pumice Stone Distress Inks. I then used a smaller trellis stencil and mixed Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire on my mat to just put around the corners and edges.

Then the fun started, first I tried to use the large trellis stencil over some corrugated card - I got a series of odd looking dots using  Pansy, Inky Pool and Sky Fresco paints - so covered over with Irish Cream to try and get the card colour back - fail! So out with the make - up sponge and using blobs on my mat of Sky, Bora Bora, Pansy and a bit of Inky Pool I try to cover everything - at this point I kind of blank out and cover everything with Pewter …. and at last I'm quite happy!

I tried several types of paper and inks before I came up with what you see here, Watercolour paper and Pebble, Caramel, Stream and Denim Adirondaks and then around the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Marker. I coloured the necklace with a gold uni-ball and a copper pitt pen.
I cut around the image, including the Fringe! I then went into one of my scrap bags and fished out the remainder of some trellis die cut, some embossed card and some leaves from the Spring Greens die(actually the waxed paper I used to help release the paper when I first bought the die and it was a bit sticky!)I used some of the Chipped Sapphire on the back and stamped some text using Archival Potting Soil ink.

So, how do I get my 'N'? The other day I cleaned out my pencil case - I tend to throw all sorts in there and I remembered throwing out a little chain into my tiny waste bin (for tiny bits)that sits on my desk, of course it had gone right to the bottom but I found it and used brown alcohol ink to colour it. Then all I had to do was make an N with glue and stick it on - yes it was messy! 
As you can see here, I couldn't wait for the glue to dry before taking a photo as I have been out for the evening with some friends and I knew the light would be all wrong when I got home.
I added some darker brown for the eyes and some red lips using Distress Markers and I'm nicely in time to play along!

Linking to the Dragons Dream Tag It On Challenge 169 - The Letter N and stencils

Thanks for looking, Chris

7 comments:

Helen said...

Sitting here smiling reading your post Chris, it sounds so familiar... love the end results though - thank you so much for dreaming with the Dragons for TIO. Helen

Redanne said...

It is all so familiar to me too Chris - lol. Like Helen says though, the end result is fantastic, loving the corrugated card! Anne xx

Julie Lee said...

Well, that little N was worth rooting down the bin for! This is a fab tag and you know I love all things Lynne so I'm a bit biased, but you've really done great things with that image - and 'necklace' - what a great word, especially to combine with the chain. Thank you so much for dreaming with the Dragons this fortnight, Julie Ann xxx

Juliz Design Post said...

Exquisite work Chris. Love your choice of colours and Design.
Julie x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a fabulous tag with great texture. Thanks for dreaming with us over at Dragons Dream Tag It On.

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Chris, thanks for always visiting my nest, sound like most of us crafters create the same way,isn't that funny :), I love all the trellises you used every which way, the color combo came out gorgeous, great word choice and your letter is very kool, thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend in the Lake district, at Woolfest, ((( BIG HUGS )))

Words and Pictures said...

Just love how you've layered all those lattices and trellising from the inky to the actual. Beautiful textures and delicate stamping - it's a gorgeous take on the recipe, Chris!
Alison xx