Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 1 December 2022

Snowy Winter

I can hardly believe it's December already and it's time for a new theme at Art Journal Journey

Bleubeard and Elizabeth really have hosted an amazing month where there was so much fantastic inspiration, and I was wishing I could conjure some extra time to join in more often.

Here we are with our new host - Jo from Let's Art Journal and another fabulous theme - 'Snowy Winter'.

I bought some lovely CiaoBella Wintery papers in Paris at the Version Scrap show and have been itching to use them. I used Tattered Rose distress ink to make a watery background then stamped some berries in the same ink. 

The papers were cut out and arranged with some Stampers Anonymous TH Holly - I think I use this set more than any other set for Winter projects.

A final spatter with Paper Artsy Fresco Snowflake paint and I was finished.

The light had faded so on went the daylight lamp.

We hope that you will join us this month at Art Journal Journey  for Jo's theme.

There are a few rules to guide you here and as long as you have a blog some of us will definitely visit you and hopefully be able to leave  comments

Thanks for looking, Chris


7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really LOVE the muted colors of those focal images. They are almost ethereal. The holly actually grounds these images perfectly. This is a great first entry for Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Chris.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fabulous page, love the faded colours which give it a vintage look. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful snowy winter page! Those Ciao Bella papers are stunning, I love the wintery images and how you layered them together with the pretty holly 😊. The Snowflake paint was the perfect finishing touch too. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for inviting me to Guest Host this year, it's always a pleasure to join you all at AJJ! Take care and Happy December! Hugs Jo x

kathyinozarks said...

Beautiful!

My name is Erika. said...

This is beautiful Chris. The papers work great and I really love the light sprigs of berries you stamped around the post. It's such a beautiful winter and Christmas scene (with the holly). Happy start to the new month. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Snows here are so rare that I'm counting on y'all to fill in the gaps in the wintertime experience for me :)

lichazul said...

Absoluty gorgeous page🤩🤩💐
Happy day