Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 23 April 2022

The Answer...

 Hi everyone, just popping in quickly before going out to celebrate hubby's 70th birthday!

I made this page over a couple of days, in between making his card. He kept popping his head round the door.

I am of course joining in at Art Journal Journey for Alison (Craftytrog)'s theme 'Play It Again Sam' 

I have been listening to a lot of old music and when I heard this song it reminded me of how many times I used to hear it back when it was first released in the 60's


The song was written by Bob Dylan but I must confess to liking Joan Baez's version more

The main image is by Katzelcraft and I added a grungy stamp that I bought many years ago! Lots of spattering too! 
The answer of course is 42!

I'll be back soon
Thanks for looking, Chris


12 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I love this image and how you illustrated this song Chris. It is lots of fun. And your are right how different the Dylan and Baez versions of the song are. And you even snuck in a 42. Very clever and I am sure some folks will love that. Happy birthday to your husband and have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

LOL, same here, Hubby popping in - sneaking in!
Happy Birthday, too - I love that song. And your work for it, it´s beautiful!!! And 42 it is... where is my towel?

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby! 🎂🎈 Clever page. And I like the use of 42 as the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Annie said...

I love your fun windy journal page! That’s exactly how windy it was by me a couple of days ago. Your artsy page is minimal and highly expressive.

Rita said...

This is such a great page!! Love it!
Happy birthday to your sweetie!! :)

craftytrog said...

I love this page, and that's a great song Chris! The answer is of course 42! What else?! Hahaha
Thanks for linking up to my AJJ theme.
And happy 70th to your cheeky Hubby!
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous page, and I love that song. I heard Joan Baez at a concert in London back in he 60s, and she sang that song along with ohers. Nice memories! Happy Birhday to your hubby! Hugs, Valerie

Helen said...

what a gorgeous page, I love that stamp! Hope hubby has a very happy birthday and you both enjoy the day.

Meggymay said...

Hope your hubby has a Happy Birthday.
A fabulous page Chris for Allison's AJJ theme and that was a favourite song for me as well.
Have a good week.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

42 is always the answer ;)

Happy Birthday to your hubby :) I trust y'all enjoyed the day and the many more which will follow.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I;ll be singing that song today. It's definitely a classic. I love the visual image you provided, too. Thanks for sharing it with us at Art Journal Journey using Alison's theme.

carol l mckenna said...

Oh this awesome ~ wonderful wind effect you created ~ delightful ~ and hope hubby had a great birthday ~ Xo

Wishing you love and laughter in your day,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)