Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Monday 14 February 2022

Botanical...

Hi everyone, after being up so early (6.30) in order to get hubby to the hospital for 8.00 we are taking it easy for the rest of today. As it turned out there wasn't as much traffic as we expected at that time of day and we arrived early.

Hubby is fine, just results to wait for now. A normal diet can be returned to slowly! 

I have another Journal page - I haven't used any Wendy Vecchi stamps for ages so I have used two sets here, Natures Art and Botanical Art.

  
I used the gingham stamp for the background using two colours of Distress Ink.

I decided I was going to use every stamp in the two sets, so some old German type got stamped onto the background too.

I used Versafine ink to stamp  the plants and butterflies and amongst the swirly bits I added the spider. I added two quotes using black and along the bottom stamped 'Be the designer of dreams' using Distress ink.

I'd forgotten how much I love these sets so they will be staying handy for a while!

Once again I am joining Bleubeard and Elizabeth at Art Journal Journey and answering the question 'What's Your Style?'

Thanks for looking, Chris




11 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad your hubby is doing well! I'm sure you're looking after him well! Love the beautiful journal page, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Glad to hear your DH is doing well. Pretty page. Love that gingham stamp. Something so very happy about gingham

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to hear that your hubby is doing ok 😁. Your page is beautiful and the gingham stamp is fabulous! Take care and happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful botanical page, Chris. I really like your style. :)

My name is Erika. said...

I haven't seen any Wendy Vecchi images used for awhile, but they are beautiful and make a wonderful scene on the page Chris. I love the plaid background too. It does give the page so much texture. You definitely have a great stamping style. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad to read that T is fine. Having to visit the hospital is hard enough in these Covid times.

Those are lovely stamps and I know how much you love gardens and anything in a garden (except frogs, of course). These stamps and the resulting journal page were made for you. I love how you used all of them on your page. Thank you so very much for honoring Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey.

Rita said...

I hate waiting for results. I hope they are really good ones!

Such a pretty page. Take it easy, you two. :)

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Chris, I love those WV butterflies.
Hope hubby doesn't have to wait too long, and his results are good.
Alison

Helen said...

I've not used my Wendy Vecchi stamps for ages either - they are so pretty, I must get them out. Great page!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Gosh, you made a wonderful collage and I love the gingham background, xoxo

Meggymay said...

Its a fantastic page Chris with so many interesting stamps you used to create the page and the background looked super as well.
Good to read that your husband is okay and I hope all keeps going well for him.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx