Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Thursday 3 December 2020

December Calendar Journal page

Hi everyone, I've been caught up in a flurry of (aaagghhh!) cleaning before starting to decorate our apartment for Christmas. We (well hubby actually)cleaned the windows as some won't be reached until the New Year, and moved some furniture around a bit! 

I kept my December page simple and frosty!


I do love to wake up to frosty scenes outside. We don't get many here but we often had them at our caravan.

The caravan was always warm(once we had been there a few hours with the heating on) but this was the sort of day we would go for a walk.
By the time we would get home the frost was melting in the sun!

I don't miss our caravan, we had happy times there with lots of photos and many memories.

As things turned out we wouldn't have used it much this year with all the restrictions and I would probably have missed not going.

Back to my page, I used some blue and grey inks and then spritzed on some mica powders to give a frosty sheen.
I used some well loved decorative swirls by Sheena Douglas and added a row of trees by Impression Obsession. The letters are from a Tracy Evans set.

I am joining in with Tracey's 'The Meaning Of' theme at Art Journal Journey.

If you are interested in what I was doing in November(not a lot)
here is last month's completed.

Thanks for looking, Chris

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You and Alison put my calendar pages to shame. This is lovely and speaks to winter and snow. It's a lovely calendar entry AND a great entry for Tracey's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful calendar pages and lovely photos, I would like to go walking their just now! Hugs, Valerie

sirkkis said...

Beautiful wintry calendar page.
Here we have some hope to get snow to this darkness of days.
Have a nice rest of the week xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful December calendar Chris!
We've had a couple of lovely frosty walks recently, it's a wonderful start to the day.
Alison xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your calendar does look beautiful for December. I like frost too. It has a real magical feel. I like those older photos from your caravan. And I have to say, good for you to do that cleaning, including windows. I clean but windows, not so much. Smile. Hugs-Erika

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Beautiful page, Chris!
I loved it and the images of the frozen landscape are beautiful.
Hugs from Spain

Helen said...

I only like frosty mornings if I am at Kew.... I can't see the November page did blogger eat it? December's does look suitably chilly though!

Iris Flavia said...

We once got frost when sleeping in the car, it was awful. But, was it? Stepping out and hearing the frost breaking underneath our feet was kinda romantic.
It was at Wave Rock, Outback Australia on a wonderful journey, thank you for bringing back memories with this!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I always admire these calendar pages, it's simplicity makes way for all those lovely creative things you will fill it with during the last month of the year. The clean up before Christmas was always on the top of my December list.
Keep safe & warm, it's getting chilly down my way. Hugs Tracey xx

nwilliams6 said...

Chris, a lovely frosty calendar - perfect for this time of year and a frosty day. I really need to do something like this. Lovely pictures too. Hugz