Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Saturday 20 June 2020

Sunny Saturday!

Yes! The sun disappears now and again but I have just come back from meeting one of my friends for a chat in the garden below! There are benches but my friend has her walker to sit on so were both able to sit in the sun at a good social distance. She had to turn her hearing aid up and complained if I said too many esses together!
It was so good to put the World to rights.

I told you yesterday that I had another Journal page...here it is...
I found the bottom two G45 images while clearing out my scraps and this is where my idea for page started. I cut the clocks and roses from some designer paper and used my machine to make some stitches on the tag - I changed the tension to get the loose stitching on the left.
I stamped the sewing items using a Crafty Individuals set and dusted some mica powder over while the ink was wet.I brushed off the excess.
Now I had everything except a quote - the little box on my desk holds some favourites and this one fits quite well I think.
I played around with the elements till I was happy but realised that I would have to start with the quote being stamped.
I used Brushed Corduroy and Victorian Velvet DIs through the butterfly wing stencil I bought the other week.
The ink I used at first was drying out so I inked a darker brown and lined it up as well as I could to make the word darker.
This made it much easier to arrange the other elements around it!

I am joining in with 'A Stitch in Time', Halle's choice of theme at Art Journal Journey.  

I would also like to enter at The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge - Retro

Thanks for looking, Chris


10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh my. This is beautiful. I love the clocks and roses, the vintage ladies, and the tag. I don't have a way to set my tension on my machine, so you are lucky you have that option. This is absolutely incredible and absolutely perfect for Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing it with us, dear Chris.

Iris Flavia said...

As long as we can complain we´re OK, right? More or less!
I love this page. You´re a great artist. Hugs from here for a big smile you gave me :-)

Elkes Lebensglück said...

This is a beautiful journal page and the idea to design it in this way is fantastic with the background and these details! A real work of art.
Nice that you can meet friends and in the garden!
Greetings Elke

My name is Erika. said...

Cool vintage images Chris. And you had both sewing and clocks on one piece. Nice!! Hope you're having a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Nice to have a socially distant visit. A visit is a visit. Any are good. Lovely journal page! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful page! The background and stamped quote look gorgeous with all the images and layers that you added - perfect 😁. Happy Sunday and wishing you a wonderful new week! Hugs, Jo x

Halle said...

Gorgeous! Love the layers you created on this piece for A Stitch in Time!

Meggymay said...

This is another fabulous page Chris. Lovely images and a wonderful quote and I love those colour combinations you used. Thank you for linking to Halle's theme at AJJ and for your support for her theme.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

That's a great page, Chris. Love the collage - something I'm really not comfortable with or good at! The background is fab, too.
Glad you got to meet up with a friend. It makes such a difference when you don't feel totally cut off. I so feel for my neighbour, who has barely left the four walls of her house since this began.
Cath x

Eileen Bergen said...

I love this ppage, Chris. Great background, wonderful collage images and quote. Hugs, Eileen