Pearshaped

Pearshaped

Translate

Tuesday 20 February 2018

TIOT is going vintage!

Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is Vintage and as usual it can be anything you would like to make as long as it fits our Vintage theme!
The Design team have put their posh outfits on for this theme so do take a look

My original thought was to make a card but when I found this canvas in my craft room, already gessoed, I changed my mind.
I used the reverse of the canvas to make a box for my ephemera to fit into...
..and painted the outside of the frame with Paper Artsy Fresco paints. I was intending adding papers so didn't need to paint the base.

On my BIG clearout I found all sorts of bits and pieces to use.
Some Tim Holtz ephemera, some Indigoblu images, and some scraps of vintage style papers. I stamped onto some with butterflies.
I don't recall buying this fancy ribbon but it seemed to be waiting for this project!
I used a frame to add a photo of our young woman's beau and a wooden stamp shape to show where he lives. It's Paris of course!
 I used some copper acrylic paint to colour the frame!
Finally a corsage of roses was added to the corner and some more butterflies were stamped, coloured and fussy cut and added to the frame.
I'd like to think that the young woman is in Paris with her beau and the postcard was the one she sent to say she was on her way!! 

I hope you will join us this time, there are a few rules which you will find here!

Thanks for looking, Chris

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your canvas, great idea, it's very stylish and vintage. Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

Rosie said...

Wow, your canvas is absolutely gorgeous, love it

Marjut said...

This is gorgeous!

Meggymay said...

Wow Chris, this is a gorgeous vintage project. A super idea to use it this way round. All the detail and the extras you added are beautiful.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your vintage box frame is amazing! You have created so much fabulous detail with all the layers of the ephemera, images, paper, lace and pretty ribbon - I love it 😁. Happy Tuesday! J 😊

sirkkis said...

Gorgeous mixed media canvas 💖

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love how you put all those cards and images to good use. I would never have thought to create anything this lovely. It's a beautiful entry, and I simply adore it. I agree that the ribbon is very beautiful, and I'm sure it was quite expensive, too (after buying ribbon recently for Kathy). This is a fabulous entry, dear friend.

froebelsternchen said...

Your canvas is beyond beautiful Chris - AWESOME!

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful canvas Chris, love all the details and the frame looks fabulous.
Avril xx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful vintage project Chris! I love the ephemera background! xox

Lula said...


Your frame is sooo vintage Chris! Love the way you have used the reverse of the frame and all the embellishments.
Lula xx

My name is Erika. said...

Gorgeous vintage curio box Chris. That is a great idea for this theme. I think curio boxes are definitely a vintage thing. :) Hugs-Erika

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A genius idea Chris, I LOVE how you have edged the reverse of the framework. Your found additions were hidden saving themselves just for this vintage project. A real beauty to see, I'm so happy you shared it.
Creative wishes Tracey x

Annie said...

Your shadow box is fabulous Chris and I just love all the amazing details

Thank You so much for sharing and for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog ......appreciated

TFS and hugs
Annie x

sarascloset said...

What a fabulous vintage shadow box! I love all of the bits and details, and especially how you finished your frame! Well done! Hugs!