Hello everyone, I can hardly believe how quickly time is passing! Our new theme at Try It On Tuesday is 'Summer Blooms' - the Design Team have been looking around their gardens - take a look here.
I absolutely love Hydrangeas, when we had our caravan we had a hedge full of them.
I used a set of stamps that I have had so long that they have become separated from their packet and I can't tell you who produced them.
I used a Lavinia stencil with some green distress inks and then used some old biscuit packaging to add some spritzed Distress Oxide ink circles. Once they had dried I stamped the hydrangeas (with a little bit of masking)and added some more colour with Inktense pencils and a water brush. I also added handwritten words and a few pencil marks over the stencilling .
I hope you will join us with your own 'Summer Blooms' at TIOT this time.
Thanks for looking, Chris

6 comments:
I have a huge hydrangea in the raised bed which is semi shaded outside the kitchen window Chris - I love it and there is something about these huge blooms which certainly gives the wow factor! A simply lovely page!
This latest challenge was made for you. This is a stunning page and your painted hydrangeas are perfect. This is a real beauty.
Beautiful blooms Chris, I love the colours you used for the page.
Even though you don't know who made the stamp, the images are beautiful. I'm with you about hydrangeas. They bloom all season, and the blues, purples and pinks are great. This is a gorgeous page; you rocked it Chris. Hope all is well with you. hugs-Erika
A lovely page featuring the beautiful hydrangeas, one of my favourite flowers, we have several different species in our garden. Sadly a couple of them are struggling this year- I think it's too hot and dry for them, they do get watered but it's not the same as rain.
So pleased to be the GD for this challenge at TIOT.
Chris
x
A beautiful page Chris, I love Hydrangeas and have a few in the garden and your page captures their colours beautifully.
Avril x
Post a Comment